cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I capture service user-id from SOAP request message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Following are the details of my scenario:

1. External system makes a synchronous web-service call via PI to ECC.
  2. PI passes on the request message to create an Order in ECC.
  3. Order is created in ECC and Order Number is sent back to the External System.

The WSDL for this scenario is passed on to multiple external systems. Each external systems get a service-user id/pwd to invoke the web-service.

Is there a way we can retrieve the service-user id from the request message and pass it on to ECC? ( attached is a screen-shot ). The requirement is to be able to audit/report how many orders were created by which user.

I am working PI 7.3, dual stack version.

Please assist.

Thank you,

Regards,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your SOAP Sender CC, check the Keep Headers option and then execute the request. Once the request is executed, go to sxi_monitor and then look for the Dynamic Configuration part of your inbound message, there should be an entry called SRemoteUser.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You could also consider Principle user Propagation whereby the user that initiates the request is passed all the way through to the back-end. It would require setting up trust relationships and the service-users would need the necessary authorizations to create an order in ECC so they would need to be created there as well. You can then report on 'created-by'.

An example:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3733

Regards, Trevor