cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have 2 schedule line types in 1 item in the sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a business requirement need to create 2 schedule line types in 1 item here, for example:

1. we have material A with 500 in stock.

2. we got a customer PO request for 1000 pc.

3. When we create a SO, after the ATP, SAP confirmed 500 in a schedule line. (without RLT)

4. We create a new schedule line for the same item for the other 500, with different schedule line category, because we need to generate a PR for purchasing in the stock shortage.

-------

After this action, the 2nd schedule line with PR will recover the first schedule line, and the confirmed qty for the first schedule line became 0.

Could you someone give some advice on this?  How to have 2 schedule line types in 1 item in the sales order ?>??

Thank you very much!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Tan,

An item category should not have two different processes e.g.

- order related billing & delivery related billing OR

- manufacturing and delivering by own company & delivery by 3rd party

SAP F1 help, field item category -

Sales document item category

A classification that distinguishes between different types of item (for example, free of charge items and text items) and determines how the system processes the item.

Coming to your specific requirement -

3rd party scenario has field billing relevance = F (invoice receipt quantity - invoiced quantity)

where are standard process has billing relevance = A (delivery related billing)

Also the configuration are different (for the item category) in copy control.

Please explain your client NOT to go for this requirement as it is against the basic logic of SAP SD.

User creating another line item in the sales order, with item category TAS would be the standard and correct thing to do. As Krishna Raju has already suggested.

Side comment: Thank you for this interesting requirement.

Typewriter

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

As I am creating the sales order with 10 quantities in first line item,which is confirming only 6 quantities with item category TAN.

Again when I am creating 2 nd line item in the existing sales order with remaining quantities,schedule line tab is not generating any PR.

How the above happens ?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mithu,

Please read Krishna Raju's post.

Furthermore, in your sales order -

1. the first line item, change the quantity to 6.

the item category is TAN

the schedule line category is CP

2. the second line item, enter the quantity as 4

manually enter the item category as TAS

this would populate the schedule line category as CS

Before of this schedule line category, a PR shall be automatically triggered for the second line item.

The relevant configuration for item categories should be maintained in VOV4.

The above steps are applicable for the following business process -

A company manufactures the material themselves & also, this company employs a 3rd party vendor for this material. Therefore depending upon the judgement of the sales order entry staff the item category has to be changed manually in the sales order.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

First , You have to check What Item Category is flowing in Second Line Item as First Item or not and also Schecdule Line Category.

Check, For Second Line Item, the Schedule Lines Conformed or not with Concern Quantities.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if your MMR item category group is NORM?

In MM02, Tab Sales: sales org2, field Item category group.

Note - The sales organization and distribution channel given in the sales order should be the same as when checking the MMR (material master record) field Item category group.

After checking the above, please create a new sales order and test this.

Side comment - this is a "basic" question

Message was edited by: T W

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think please check once again your settings in VOV4.

Sales Document Type  Item Category Group  USAGE  High Level Item Cat   Defualt Item    Manual

OR                               NORM                    -                      TAN                 -                 TAS

Please do as above and raise New sales Order .

If you have any issues please post here.

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Mithu

Please dont club a different issue in some other thread as it is leading to confusion.  Create a new thread after searching the forum that it has not been answered.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Side comment - this is a "basic" question

Absolutely correct and hence, please dont encourage such threads.  Also this is deviating from the original query

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for help ..Had a greate lesson on this topic.. thanks.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Well,

First of all ,You have to reveal Your Process /Scenario with details.

Why ,You want create 2 Purchase Requisitions in One Document with Same Item itself.

Why don't You want Create 2 Sales Orders with sames Item ,Same Item Category and same Schedule Line Category(by this way also ,you can get 2 Purchase Requisitions).

Please let me know some details/inputs behind this query.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

The issue is not about

2 Purchase Requisitions in One Document with Same Item itself.

It is about

How to have 2 schedule line types in 1 item in the sales order ?>??

e.g. for single item category TAN, the requirement is to create schedule line categories CN and CS.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Sorry for Misunderstanding on this Query.

Ex :For single item category TAN, the requirement is to create schedule line categories CN and CS.

I was Surprising on this Query Requirement. If "TAN" Item Category had 2  "Schedule Line Categories"in One Document (VA01) like 10 Line Item and 20 Line Item are Same Items with 2 different Schedule Line Categories for One Item Category.

What about Movement Types ?( In Schedule Line Categories).

I think ,you have to create one dummy Schedule Line Item Category and assign whatever you like movement Type in that and also assign Item Category and do in IDEAS System.

Side Comment: Please do whatever you have thoughts on this Requirement in Sand Box or IDEAS System  and take SCN Comments & If you don't mind what happened after testing ,Please Update here.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

The requirement is as follows -

E.g.

In sales order, line item 00010 with item category TAN - double click,

at item level, go to Tab Schedule lines, there should be TWO Schedule line categories (e.g. CP and CN)

And not -

In sales order,

- line item 00010 with item category TAN - double click,

at item level, go to Tab Schedule lines, there should be Schedule line category CP

and

- line item 00020 with item category TAN - double click,

at item level, go to Tab Schedule lines, there should be Schedule line category CN

Hope the requirement is clear now.

Side comment :

In my previous post, my below remark was not clear -

Ex :For single item category TAN, the requirement is to create schedule line categories CN and CS.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for Elaboration Gentelman (TW).

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your company's business process model?

Stock or non-stock?

Why you have non-stock, then you want to have stock inventory for your customer?

I think first thing to do is to ask what standard process does the company has.

For stock inventory process, you do not create PO from SO. PO is created from demand planning or from forecast.

You need to think about the standard process in the company first.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Well,

Why  ,You want 2 Purchasing Reqisistaions in One Sales Document per each "Line Item Level with Same Item" (May I know,What Scenario your processing ).

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As anyhow you are doing the 2nd schedule line manually, better option is :

Total Sale order Quantity - 1000

Stock in hand 400

Create sales order with 1000 kgs, after the availability check, it will confirm 400 Kgs

Then change the sales order 1st item quantity to 400

and create second line item in the sales order with 600 kgs and give a different item category which will trigger a PR.

Hope this helps

Regards

Raju

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

4. We create a new schedule line for the same item for the other 500, with different schedule line category, because we need to generate a PR for purchasing in the stock shortage.

Not sure why you want to do this? Depending on the material master procurement type settings (MRP view), for example if procurement type is set as X (both procurement types), then for the open quantity the system can send the requirement to MRP, wherein the MRP controller can create a purchase requisition for the balance quantity. This is standard functionality.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think, this is possible to achieve unless you go for different item categories.  You should be aware, schedule line category would be assigned to item category and this would be the only solution to my knowledge.

G. Lakshmipathi