cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set price of one characteristic value to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a scenario wherein I need to set the price for the value Next Day Turnaround to Same Day Turnaround. Once the price is set I need to add 40% to the price system picked for Same Day Turnaround, so that Same Day Turnaround price would be 40% more than the Next Day Turnaround price.

Can this be achieved through object dependencies. Kindly require your assistance on this.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

it can be done, you need to create a referance characterstic which will capture Todays date , then a characterstic for date of sales order. Use this characterstic to identify the difference and write a procedure to allocate price.

For capturing date , you can use function , check with your ABAP person to write this function for capturing Todays date through SYDATUM.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

Let me be more specific regarding my requirement.

I have created a characteristic TURNAROUND with values TAT1 and TAT2. TAT1 is Same Day and TAT2 is Next Day.

I do not maintain condition record for TAT1 (Same Day) variant. It is maintained only for TAT2 (Next Day) variant. When the user selects TAT1 (Same Day), Price of Next Day should be copied to Same Day.

it can be done, you need to create a referance characterstic which will capture Todays date , then a characterstic for date of sales order. Use this characterstic to identify the difference and write a procedure to allocate price.

Can you please let me know how the above will work.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

is there any specific reason for maintaining conditions only for TAT2?

you can write a dependency to transfer this condition multiplied by 40% if its same day using procedure.

Bur problem is as there is only one condition which will be selected when user will select TAT2 so the value for conditions is not initiated,

in this case you need provide some additional logic for setting up this primary condition plus a additional 40%.

like , once user select Same day TAT2, TAT1 will also be selected , then write a procedure for capturing TAT1 + 0.40 of TAT1.

so the easy solution is maintain condition for TAT1 too.

Check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I do not want to maintain another condition master for TAT1 because, if the price for TAT2 changes, user needs to change it at both the places which they do not want to do. System has to dynamically pick the price for TAT1 copying from TAT1. Can we write a Procedure for this?

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar ,

as per my knowledge you cant do it , as you know using referance characterstic we are just passing the value to condition table,and from there acual figure is coming back,  untill and unless you maintain value for condition type it will not be fetched.

you can give it a try like, write a procedure on Value TAT1  as $SELF.CHARACTERSTIC = 1.4*TAT2

when you will assign value TAT1 , this dependecny will trigger and pass the value 1.4*TAT2 to condition table , but as there is no condition setup as 1.4*TAT2, nothing will be return.

Hope it will be usefull for you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these (Same Day, Next Day) related to Shipping Conditions or some other master data in the Sales Order ?

If they are, then you could really manage everything in Sales document pricing instead of from VC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bill

This is the Delivery Characteristic of the product. If the customer selects Same Day or Next Day Turnaround, the product needs to be printed and delivered Same Day or Next Day.

We do not want to maintain pricing master for Same Day as it has the same base price of Next Day. If that was the case, then I could have created one more additional condition as a same day surcharge.

Kindly guide me through this.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

Why dont you use normal pricing procedure for this scenario?

Create a condition type , which is relecant for next day delivery.

Create another condition , which is a kind of surcharge if the date is lesser then next days date, accomodate this logic in to the routine associated with pricing procedure, and this nex condition will be a % of your first condition.

As desired , user only need to change the first condition if there are any changes in pricing.

It a solution from SD side without any extra work of writing dependencies, please check out with SD consultant and a ABAP guy for writing a routine to distinguish between dates and triggering this logic.

Check out , It may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh