cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the customer only for Ship To only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to limit the customer for ship to only?

So when i use the customer on creating the sales order, when i choose the sold to party, the other customer that i assign for the ship to doesn't show on the list.

Example :

I have 2 account, A & B

Cust A have ship to Cust B

So cust B only used for "ship to", so we can't wrongly choose the B, i dont want the customer B got the wrong AR balance because wrongly choosen when create the Sales Order.

Thank you

Erick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the other customer that i assign for the ship to doesn't show on the list.

The simple logic how SAP works is that if multiple Ship Tos are assigned to a Sold To Party and if you create a sale order for that Sold To, system will propose the Ship To Party to choose.  On the other hand, if you want the system to default a particular Ship To, then in Sold To customer master, against that Ship To, check the box for Default.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Yes, you are correct.

And for that i already doing that for restrict the ship to for certain customer.

But my main problem is, i want to restrict the marked customer, can't be choosen for sold to, only for ship to.

Thank you

Erick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

I think for this you have to change the account group of that customer which is already created. and further you can create SH only by using SH account group

Regards,

Yogesh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Erick,

For Existing Customers only solution is to change Customer's Account Group to Ship-To-Party.

For new Customers, make sure that the Customer who are only supposed to Goods Receipient, are created only under Ship-to-Party Account Group & no other partner function is assigned to them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Yup, im understand the logic now. Because my buss partner have a 4 default value, Sold To, Ship To, Bill To and Payer.

So the only way i need to create a new account group with only Ship To buss partner.

Let me give it a try first.

Thank you so much!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Erick,

Having "4 default values" or ...x default values is set in configuration of partner functions (IMG > Basic functions>Partner Determination.....)

Please check the following, if you are changing the customer account group -

1. Do you have a "relevant" customer account group (e.g. copy of 0002)? With relevant configuration.

2. What would happen to the open sales orders (delivery not created, or when billing document not created), when you change the account group of customers?

3. The customers whose account group is changed, what would happen to the partner functions SP, BP, PY? (XD03, button Sales Area data, Tab Partner Functions)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helloo T W,

Your question is hard to asnwer =p

Yes, we set 4 as a default value for the partner functions.

1. We copy the configuration from the default, and separet each account group by country specific. Because we have many customer from another country.

2 & 3. I dont know the answer, because i need to try that method first for changing the account group on existing customer with open saled order, what would happen next....

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before changing Account Group ,You have to analyse what happened after changing Account Gropu Why because Each and Every Field is Required ,Display or Suppress Positions

Controlled by Account Group .This Fields function will be changed to each "Partner Function" like .

The account Group determines, the Number Range is External or Internal also.

1. Sold To Account Have some Required Fields .

2. Ship To Account have another some Fields as may be Required or Suppress.

This depends on Requirement  only on Sales Order Level.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Erick,

Recently we have changed the account group from External customer to Internal customer.

Prerequisites:

1. Befor changing the account group we have done the customer balacne transfers for those sales where the billing done and transfered to accounts.

2. We have done the customer balacne transfer because the reconciliation account of external customer account group is 140 and reconcilisation account of the internal customer account group

is 141.

3. For open orders we left as it is.

4. After all the above steps done, we have changed the Account group by using T.code: XD07

In your case consider all the things before changing the customer account group which will effect the business ( as we mentioned some points above).

Best Regards,

MH

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Erick,

The point I and Narendra are making is investigate thoroughly, from many angles also think about the financial aspect (of postings of "open" billing documents) before taking any action (e.g. change the account group).

Do these tests in development system / Sandbox, consult with your SAP team. Thereafter execute your plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, i understand now.

Now we try to create a new account group with Ship To only partner, this account group belongs with New Account. I dont have plan to move our old account to this account group, because its too many things tobe checked. Better we block thoose account instead moving to new account group.

Thank you Mr. TW

Regards,

Erick

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please close this thread if query is sloved.

Side comment : Creation of New account group is better to change existing AC(Finaly surprising.........correct answer).

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

One question, where is the button for closing thread? =p

THanks

Erick

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look into below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1786272

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to restrict Cust B to react only as SH then change it Account Group by T-Code: XD07 make sure that number range for both the account group must be same otherwise it is not possible.

If you want that in every sales order from Cust A ship-to-party will reflect as Cust-B then go to customer master data of Cust A and specify Cust B as SH. And delete if Cust A is reflecting as another SH.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Is there any other way to restrict Point#1 ?

Because we already define our own account group for the customer.

Regards,

Erick

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, did you try t-code XD07 (change account group) ? regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. PPIO

What is the link between account group with my problem ?

Cheerss