cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Error while connecting to HANA Server from BO 4.0 IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to make a connection to HANA Server from BO IDT to create universe and then to generate the reports from WebI, but I am getting the connection error.

Steps

In the BO IDT I have followed the below steps

Opened the Relation connection

Entered the Username, password and the HANA server details(Server name:portname)

clicked on Test connection button.

Once I click this button I get the error message SAP DBTech JDBC:Cannot connect to JDBC:sap://servername[Connection refused].

Please provide the inputs.

Regards,

Manja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member212706
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manja,

Have you copied on the "ngdbc.jar" into the Business objects folder?

If not please refer to the note 1591695 for details.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

former_member212706
Participant
0 Kudos

Adding the details FYI,

In order to access SAP HANA data through SAP Business Objects Universes, the SAP HANA JDBC middleware needs to be set up on the client machines where Information Design Tool is run and on the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.x server machine(s) where the processing servers that will access the Universe(s) are located

A copy of the SAP HANA Client Installer may be download from Service Market Place if it not already available to you

From the SAP HANA Client Installer folder run the installer: "hdbinst.exe"

The following JAR file is installed via the SAP HANA JDBC Client installer (above step)

C:\Program Files\SAP\hdbclient\ngdbc.jar

Copy this file to the following location so that SAP BusinessObjects Connection Server can access the SAP HANA data source

Windows: [PATH_TO_BusinessObjects]\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\newdb\

Unix/Linux: [BI40 installation folder]/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/dataAccess/connectionServer/jdbc/drivers/newdb/

* NOTE: the "newdb" folder may need to be created manually – ensure it is named all in lower-case

* NOTE: the HANA client version needs to match the HANA server version.

When upgrading the SAP HANA server you will need to also upgrade the SAP HANA client.

After running the client installer that matches the server version you will need to again copy the ngdbc.jar file to the SAP BusinessObjects Connection Server following the steps above

Thanks,

Rajesh.