cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying project from one plant to other plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have copied x-0001 project ( Plant-1011) to x-0004 ( Plant-2011) . In proj def i have changed the plant as 2011

While creating network to assign service activity , i have not changed the plant so network is showing old plant ie 1011 instaed 2011.

Also it is in non editable mode and cannot be changed.

Pl. suggest what will be the impact on project / reports ?

Also do let me know is there any way i can change the plant in network in new project?

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

firstly You need to reverse the postings & remove all the assignments and then remove the networks/using deletion flag. Remember the master data should be locked before do this activity.

Impact on reports:

>>Plants in same CC will not affect reporting.

Note: If your business use different profit center for both of those plants then it will affect the scenario.

Regards

Shishir

noule_srinivas
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Yes, we can't delete the Network once released. However, we can delete all NW Activities in case those have not got actual postings yet.

After this, u may drag and drop this NW to a WBS Element created with description "DO NOT USE" and lock the Master Data, so that the same can't be used in future. Alternatively, u may go to the Assignments Tab of the Network and remove all assignments with Project Definition and WBS Element. This will remove the assignment of NW to the project. However, you may have to lock the Master Data for the NW in CN22 T Code. Else need to archive the NWs with a deletion flag.

In case actual costs are posted on NW through activity confirmations, materials consumption, FI postings, etc., you will need to reverse the same before going through the above steps.

Regards,

Noule Srinivas

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know solution is you need to delete the network and create new with correct plant.

what will be the impact on project / reports ?

If both plant would be under one company code then report at company code level will not effected.

and plant is in different company code then it will effected in reporting as well.

plant level report will create lots of confusion. because you can not bifurcate valu/quantity on that plant.

Wait for more comments from Expert

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both Ankur and Sanjeev.

Sanjeev-  You cant delete the network if it is already released.  i have already released the network.

Ankur-  i have changed the plant as 2011 at service act level whereas at network level it is 1011.  so in cn41n report network is showing as 1011 and act showing as plant 2011.

i have several plants under that company code(1000) including 1011 and 2011.

i didnt understand when u say-

If you have one plant cascaded to PD,WBD,NWA then create a new activity and assign different plant. In MM (material master) maintain the delivering plant which should be same as that of NWA.

Can u please clarify on that.  why i need to maintain the delivering plant of network in material  master?

thanks in advance.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

whenever you create copy to existing project then all project object PD WBS NW NWA would be in CRTD mode not in release, and you did not mentioned in your thread like you have release NW in project structure as well. other wise i never suggest to delete nw because system doesn't allow to do this in release mode.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

why i need to maintain the delivering plant of network in material  master?

With my earlier statement I meant that when system is not allowing you to change plant (where the same plant is used at complete hierarchy of project) @Network level then you have the possibility of changing it at activity level in case you want to receive your requirements(material or service etc) at a different plant.And, that, I think you have followed already now.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Nothing wrong to have multiple plants at NWA under one NWH.

What Ankur says, any material is being attached to that particular NWA, the delivering plant for that material should be changed in material master data in order match both plant of NWA and material if we are delivering from that NWA plant. No deliverables then ignore this one.

As far reporting is concerned, if you suing dynamic selection functionality at plant level which represent the NWA or WBS or PD, obviously those actitivies which are assigned with different plant will not be seen in reports and that should not create havoc in your organization

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

what will be the impact on project / reports ?

As we all know that manufacturing related to project may take place at different plants. And, all these plants must be assigned to a single company code.

Not-editable mode of Plant field at Network level will not provide you the possibility/flexibility mentioned above.

do let me know is there any way i can change the plant in network in new project?

If you have one plant cascaded to PD,WBD,NWA then create a new activity and assign different plant. In MM (material master) maintain the delivering plant which should be same as that of NWA.

Regards

Ankur