cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro: Copy value one time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to copy value of a source key figure to target key figure ONLY ONCE DURING THE MONTH. The source key figure can change subsequently but I dont want the target to change after the first copy. (I already have a month bucket)

How to do this ?

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Guru,

First a question, is there a specific level of the hierarchy that you want to do this copy?

I would create the macro to do the copy and then imbed it it in an Activity (/SAPAPO/MC8T) and  create a Background job (/SAPAPO/MC8D).  The background job can then be scheduled to be run at a certain time of the month.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Chris

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

If your key figures hold time series data, you may consider the option of using t.code /SAPAPO/TSCOPY to copy time series data. It is very simple and does not involve any configuration except a variant (program /SAPAPO/RTSCOPY). A background job can be scheduled to execute or copy the data once in a month.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris and Rajesh,

I just note your replies. Both options sounds good. Let me evaluate and see which ones easier to do on regular basis.

Just to share the business objective this (copying) is for storing the "original demand plan" or whatever I released to SNP originally, permanently (against that bucket) for measuring forecast related measures later. Because in our environment the "demand plan" can have ad-hoc changes and again released to SNP. I dont want to loose track of the plan originally released to SNP 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes there is a specific level at which I want to store the data for. If this is a background job then I have to think very hard about the frequency of the background job.

This is how it can be

Day 1 of the month - there is nothing in the key figure

Day 14 of the month- there is a value for the first time

Day 25 of the month- this value can change

Day 27 of the month - this value can change again

and again

and again

These dates are not fixed by calendar but there is always a first time demand plan released to SNP and then released mutiple times over. This doesnt mean that demand plan is altered drastically. The plan only involves +/- adjustments based on actual sales info. This is not intended to make production/MRP nervous but to get the consumption right.

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a previous project, we did something similar. What we did to do it only "once" a month was to place the TSCOPY after the SNP MRP, which was the source of the plan and was executed only once a month. So we had our copy of the plan and that was that.

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James

Yes this sounds good. I can include this TSCOPY job in the first time release to SNP process chain.

Guru

Answers (0)