cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Foundation error thru SQL 2000 connection (IDT)

former_member199630
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the following issue in the IDT when I want to retrieve the tables from a DataBase SQL 2000 in the Data Foundation.

[Microsoft SQL Native Client] : Invalid object name 'sys.database_principals'.

Semantic Layer

The connection is a Relational Connection and as I don't have a MS SQL Server 2000 driver I chose the MS SQL Server 2005. The connection test is successful.

Should I need to ask for a SQL 2000 driver? or do you think is another error what i have?

Thanks a lot.

Federico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a similar error. Have you got it resolved? If so could you please share the solution. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

can please attach error screenshot and give Underlying Database details.

Regards,

Ambreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambreen,

Please find my post on the SCN regarding the issue:

http://scn.sap.com/message/14410396#14410396

I have attached the snapshots in this post. The underlying database is SQL Server 2000.I am aware that its out of support now but I am able to modify the .sbo files and get the drivers for it on IDT relational connection. The connection tests successfully but does not show the tables in the database. I found out that the system tables in SQL Server 2005( sys.<table name>) is different to SQL server 2000 (sys<tablename>).

Hence we might be getting Invalid object name <table name> error. I want to know is there a work around to overcome accessing these tables?

Regards,

Rohini.

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi federico,

Sql Server 2000 is not a supported platform for BI 4.0

The middleware driver that is installed on your client is the Native sql server driver, and a 32bit odbc dsn should be created on the client box, that matches the 64 bit dsn entry.  The IDT is still a 32 bit appliation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

I am facing a similar issue.  I also try setting up odbc connect on both 32 and 64bit.  When connecting to a remote database, I am getting [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The cursor was not declared, but on a local database it work. Can please you help me out?

Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the 'supported platforms' doc here:  https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001297402012E

See slide 20 of 30, click on the 'semantic layer datasources' button . Open the "BI 4 05 - SL PAM - v1_0501.xlsx"

Is your SQL server database either version 2005, 2007, or 2012 ?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

My database is sql server 2008. I try opening up the excel as you suggest and got a error.

Thanks

Hung

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The excel download error will be caused by your local IT infrastructure , possibly antivirus etc.

For your connection, you might want to try using another usr/pwd , like the Database Owner (dbo) profile.

and make sure that you have (potentially) cross-domain rights/trust to access the remote db.

regards,

H