cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict forecast transfer to R/3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have setup the Forecast transfer from APO to R/3 with the following settings and the forecast transfer is working fine.

1) Product and Locations CIFe to APO and active IM: , Integration model is based on MRP controllers to restrict the Material to be in APO, 2) Transfer Profile created. (APO), 3) Publication (Maintain Distribution Definition). 4) Create background job to release to R/3.

My query:

We want to restrict the forecast to be sent to R/3 for some of the materials based on particular MRP controllers.

As a solution, we removed the particular MRP controllers from the material master's Integration model and reactivated the IM.

But the Forecast are still getting transferred to R/3 for those materials which are not in Integration model(restricted based on MRP controller). Please suggest if the restriction in IM is correct or there is something else required to be done.

Thanks,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

You can use BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA to modify data.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Business use to plan these materials(with specific MRP controllers) and had the forecast that is transferred from APO to R/3. Now going forward business don't want to send the forecast for these materials.

The only option we initially thought was to remove the material from active Integration model. I didn;t get your point- on Did you first delete the fcst in ECC, then sent it from APO? how does it makes a different. pls let me know.

Tiemin, can you elaborate on BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA. What logic can we put in there to restrict.

fyi, we are on APO 3.1 & R/3-4/6c

Thanks,

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never checked in APO 3.1, but in 4x onwards I would say removing material from active model should be enough.

What I was asking was wether you had double-checked that the forecast was being transferred to ECC by deleting it first at ECC side, nothing else, just to be sure.

regards,

J.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

The BAdI should be available in APO3.1. You can implement method CHANGE_RELDATA to read the mapping entries of the internal material number, then find out the relevant MRP controller.

Best regards,

Tiemin

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

Thanks to Jim, I came to know the Exit  EXIT_SAPLCPIR_001 in ECC inbound processing. It might be better

if the restriction conditions are available only in ECC side.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asshish,

The most easy way should be getting MRP controller information as one of the characteristic in DP. In the PIR transfer background job, you can simple make use MRP controller characteristic as filter.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure these materials are not in any active integration model? Did you crosscheck with CFM5 in R3?

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

checked CFM5, and material is not there in any active integration model.

Thanks,

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my experience, the difficult thing is having them sent to ECC, not preventing them from being sent (to my knowledge, the only thing that prevents the transmission is not being in an active CIF model). Did you first delete the fcst in ECC, then sent it from APO?

Obviously you could prevent it by restricting your selection in DP (may be by having the MRP controller as a characteristic), but I don't claim this would be the proper way to solve the problem.

Sorry for not being of much help here...

regards,

J.