cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see users in java portal 7.3 SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a terrible time doing a fresh install of EP 7.3 and had opened a message with SAP.  They had us apply a later version of ENGINEAPI to get us past the install.  After the install we upgraded to SP4 and at the same time we applied a later version of J2EEAPPS (patch 6 for SP4).  Anyways, now that the system is up, we cannot see users when we go to identity management.  We get the error "An error occurred; contact your system administrator".  Accompanying logs show symptoms of note Note 1363002 - NoClassDefFoundError due to different versions of components

Currently, all software levels are 7.30.4.0 other than J2EEAPPS which is at 7.30.4.6.  (I ran the steps in note 910073 to make sure the SW levels were reporting correct levels in sysinfo)

Based on other threads, such as:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2097685

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3238772

It appears that J2EEAPPS software level should be synced with other components, but I am unable to find documentation on exactly what it should be synced with.

Is it possible to simply undeploy J2EEAPPS and deploy back 7.30.4.0 or do you know what other components I will have to bring up to the same patch level?  Or is my only option to start updating other components?  FYI, for SERVERCORE, the latest patch is 29 for SP4.  Would this be going too far??

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Hope you are doing good.

Do make sure that the SERVERCORE and the ENGINEAPI are also on the latest patch for 7.30 SP 04.

This should be enough; going to SP 29 is a VERY GOOD idea.

Ideally as per SAP recommendation, you should restore using the last offline backup if you wish to goto the old J2EEAPPS version. But it is possible to undeploy whatever components you have and then do a force deploy of the patch 0 file (using JSPM force mode as mentioned in:SAP Note Number: 1123333)

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know the syntax to undeploy J2EEAPPS component?  To deploy it, I telnet'd in typed add deploy and then deploy J2EEAPPS04P_6-10007934.SCA.

Do I do the same thing except using undeploy command?

Thanks for your help

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I wrote this sometime back..just check : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30858

You will need to undeploy the SDAs related to the SCA;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks a lot!  Your advice to update SERVERCORE and ENGINEAPI have resolved the issue.  In case anyone else has this problem, I will paste another symptom I had so that anyone googling the error message will be able to resolve it too.

The other issue I had was when I was would try testing an RFC from Java to ABAP.  I would get this error message:

com.sap.tc.lm.itsam.ui.proxy.exception.JMXJMRuntimeOperationException:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

com.sap.engine.session.exec.SessionExecContext.getCurrentJCoSession()Ljava/lang/Object;

Issues resolved now, thanks a lot Hemanth!!

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

great news, you are welcome Jason

Answers (0)