cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro table not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following problem. Please help.

I fill in the data in the text box. The text box is bound to contect element OBJECTIVE. The table is bound to OBJECTIVE_TXT.

When a lead selection changes I copy the OBJECTIVE into OBJECTIVE_TXT (100 characters)

As you can see, selecting Line 1 didn't update my line 2 extra text in the table, BUT...

selecting line 2 again populates it. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Cheers,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Russell,

I guess you might have written the code in the OnLead select event right.

Here, when you select the lead selection you are able to see the changes in text box but not in main table control. One thing you have to do is. you should have implement the change log for the table control. please check if you implement the change log and when you change the lead selection in table control, check wether it shows the previous lead selection index and new lead selection index, If Yes

You can subscribe to the change log event and read the change log data in OnLeadSelect event and

try to reset the data of the lead selected one with the text box data(read objective element value and pass this to the lead selected index using setstatic attributes of context node where new data is sent. If No, you should consider 2 variables that store new and old indexes based on which next process can run.

if lv_new_index NE lv_old_index. "before you actualy change the leadselection change the "table                                            row  value

lo_element = objecttive_txt_node->get_lead_selection()

ls_attr = lo_element->get_static_attributes()

lo_element1 = objecttive->get_element()

lv_attr1 = lo_element1->get_static_attribute() or get_attibute()

ls_attr-txt = lv_attr1. "changed the value

lo_element->set_static_attributes(ls_attr)

endif.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Russell,

From what I have understod is that, the onLeadSelect you capturing the value in OBJECTIVE into OBJECTIVE_TXT each time you are selecting a row.

What you can do is select the row values based on index, append the values in an internal table and give necessary statements to reflect onLeadSelect event.

Hope you do get some idea on what to do next.

Please do share accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Kumar Sahu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I don't really understand what you mean? I know the context contains the correct values, but the data shown in the table only updates when the line is re-selected.

Cheers,

Russ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Russell,

Sorry for creating the confusion. I thought of a different requirement that I had encountered. It does seems a little tricky. Sorry again couldn't much of help to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Kumar Sahu