Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users not showing up while searching for Time booking portal tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a strange issue in our recently build HR Production copy QA system. We have a structural auth profile created as ZTIMEKEEPER which is assigned to all Time Keeper users through P_ORGINCON object (Context Auth). Now when the existing Timekeeper users (Production copy users) logs into QA Portal and try to search other users for Time booking against their User ID or Position ID, some of the users & positions are not showing up. It is giving message like "No result found". But we know those positions and User IDs are active. Mostly this is happening when they are trying to search any new users / positions created after the Prod Copy is done.

The Timekeeper users was given access to the Top Node of the Organization and hence they should be able to access any users.

Now I tried assigning the same Time Keeper access to a new User ID and with the new Users the issue is not coming. New users can access any users in the origination tree. So seems like the issue is with old Users only which got copied from Production.

Also when the old User is trying to access Employee Data Management (EDM) related data for the same Position ID (which did not show up while searching under Time), it is showing up for them. So by some reason the Time Keeper structural profile is not allowing them to view some of the users.

Did anyone face this kind of issue earlier? Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Debajit

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

It looks like we have sorted out this issue faced by our users. We ran the Indexing Report RHBAUS00 to re-generate the index for Structural Authorization of the users who were facing this issue. This resolved the access issue.

Now the Time Keeper users can search any users in the Organization from portal without any issue.

Just wanted to share this solution with everyone.

Regards,

Debajit