cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernal upgrade version not reflecting in table SVERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have upgraded SAP kernel  from 701 to 720 successfully in SAP ECC 6.0.  it's reflecting new kernel version from disp+work (at OS level) AND system->status->kernel information->kernel release (at SAP level), but not from table SVERS. In table SVERS, still showing 701 version.

also, upgraded patch level of  SAP BASIS & ABAP component, they showing updated values clearly in table CVERS.

Please advise....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Table SVERS does not change with the kernel update.It contains the SAP Release of the system, not the Kernel level. Remember that Kernel 720 is compatible (valid) for any 7** SAP release

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit, yes, thats true. As I mentioned earlier, the note 1747912 tells the same.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

As you have upgraded kernel of 701 release system to 720 patch so can you check the SAP Note : 1636252 . hope this will help you.

Thanks ,

Sayan

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

In case you have copied the new kernel files in /sapmnt/<SID>/Sys/exe only then copy the same in  "/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSXX/exe" too and restart the system.

Regards,

SUJIT

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi SUJIT ,

Hope you are doing good.

A new note is released for this. Do check note 1747912 - After applying Kernal 7.20 the System Information page on the Java Netweaver Stack still shows the old Kernel version

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hemanth,

This note is related to JAVA instance, ours is ABAP instance , not applicable to our system.

BASIS release -> 701 with SP8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sumit

I faced same problem while upgrading kernel.

Have downloaded separate R3trans and R3load packages IF not please download and try to upgrade the kernel once again by reverting back to old one.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahipal,

We had downloaded R3Trans separately while installing kernel. So R3trans is latest in kernel. but not R3load package. I'll try it in sandbox server. Please let me know, after doing the same, did ur problem solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

We tried copying new kernel files in /sapmnt/<SID>/Sys/exe  in  "/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSXX/exe"

But no success, pLease help!!!!!!!!!!