Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario:

a. Sender sends a request to PI, PI receives the request

b. PI processes the request and sends to Receiver.

So if I want to monitor how the message processed in SXMB_MONI:

1. will the messages for part a and part b be the same message with the same message ID?

2. How do I monitor just the message for part b, which is the message coming out of PI?

Thank you very much for your input

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>How do I monitor just the message for part b, which is the message coming out of PI?

U can use CC monitoring to view the messages going out of PI system (but only for java based adapters)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Amit.

How to check the ones are not Java based? I meant the not going through Adapter Engine, but Integration Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur on <=PI7.11, then Idoc, HTTP and XI adapters cannot be monitored through RWB because they resides on abap stack but in higer versions (>=PI7.3) these adapters are also on java stack so there u can use the NWA monitoring.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Really appreciate your replies, yes we do have PI 7.3 and I will try to find the message in NWA

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>How to check the ones are not Java based?

IDOC adapter monitoring  Transaction code IDX5

Go to RWB and pick message monitoring. There you pick integration engine and you can see the messages for the integration engine based adapters like proxy, http and idoc. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Baskar for remindign me of another way to monitor the messages.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it looks u were new to SAP XI/PI. i woudl sugegst you to go through online documentation/search in scn so that you will udnerstand PI procesisng steps.

1. will the messages for part a and part b be the same message with the same message ID?

2. How do I monitor just the message for part b, which is the message coming out of PI?

SAME MESSAGE ID .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja, I am new to PI and I am trying to read as much, but it seems so much stuff to learn.

Lots of time, at least the one I want to check now, I don't see the payload (the xml message) coming out of PI from the message monitor, because I want to see how PI processed the message in Ingegration server. I only see the payload going into PI, not the one coming out of PI. I am just wondering where I can see this payload?