Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Document Services ReaderRights Inconsistency

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an interactive form Application that was designed years ago and the following issue seems to be appearing from time to time. Normally when the application is opened. He can edit the document and the following message appears.

But some times, the following appears. which says user cant save anything. This is like a dead screen, and no interactivity or , attachments or anything works if this is shown.

Some times this happens only in an app server and we direct the users to use other app servers where it is working, some times we restart the portal which solves the issue for some time. I check the webservice (/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?wsdl) each time with the adsuser account and it returns the pdf version without an issue. By the way, ADS is installed on all the appservers locally.

I've checked the ReaderRights P12 file in our dev and QA and it is not expired until 2020. I think that its the same case with prod. What else could be the issue

Can somebody please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bhaskar,

If the form is called via portal then I think it is related to ZCI layout.

Please check whether the layout type in form properties is ZCI layout.

If it is not make it ZCI layout ad go to utilities----->Insert webdynpro script and activate the form .I think this will solve the issue.

If aready it is ZCI layout then there is problem with ADS.

Rgds,

Sandeep Katoch

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for replying. I dont think it is with ZCI layout. As  the form works most of the time. But only stops working until we restart the server.

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Yes may be it can not be the reason but once please check it because read some standard help by SAP for ZCI related forms you will come to know about the inconsistencies.

It happens as the form if not ZCI compliant will depend on the web browser active X controls and therefore sometimes gives these kind of problems.

Rgds,

Sandeep katoch