cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage file concurrent systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I need some advice on the development of a scenario that I am facing and I was wondering how many of you have faced the problem.

With SAP PI I have to write one or more files in a folder, I always go in APPEND, and the file extension is TOT. In the same folder, the target system must be in polling reading the same file.

How do you recommend to manage the competition of the two systems? In the sense:

if I'm going to write to append to the file while the file is read by the other application I guess my flow go wrong.

Currently, the scenario AS-IS:

makes use of semaphores that indicate whether the file is locked or unlocked by the development of another system.

I should also say that I implement preventive control of the existence of the file before writing? So a BPM / IP?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonello,

If you can go with File Construction Mode other than 'Append' then you can make use of the 'Put File' option as 'Use Temporary File', so that only when the complete message is written to this temporary file, this will be moved to the original receiver file location.

Regards,

Zameer