cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting of RESB data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

In our sytem RESB table holding very huge data, planning to delete data from RESB

Tried using MBVR tcode and runnning archiving objects PP_ORDER ..etc,but still it is unable to delete the data from RESB table

Please let us know any other approach to delete data from table RESB

Much appreaciated for your help

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unable to delete the data from RESB table

You need to be more specific!...  What do you mean by that?...  As far as I know theres multiple Archiving objects related to the contents of that table.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried with all archiving objects for RESB table  with differnt selection criteria in screens like giving material number and plant . but still no luck

and using tcode MBVR provided reservation number and Base date getting message  " No document exists for Specified data "

Please guide in solving the issue

Regards

vamsi

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tried with all archiving objects for RESB table  with differnt selection criteria in screens like giving material number and plant . but still no luck

Ok, I hope you are not doing that on your production system.

Not sure what sort of analisys you have done to declare the size of RESB table a problem, I would be more concerned about its performance than its size.

In anycase, Archiving is more complicated than just throwing old data into a repository. Archiving is a project on its own where your SAP team and the different LOB's select the archiving objects  based the customer needs, performance gains, system growth projection, etc...

I think you need to give this a bit more thought.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan ,

While running the jobs performance is very poor while calling on this Table : RESB, which is taking more than 24 hours

Direct deleting data from this table is recomended ? or any other approach

please let me know

many thanks for your help

Regards

Vamsi

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Direct deleting data from this table is recomended ?

Certainly not, You should never delete data directly from the tables.

or any other approach

Sure, You do need to analize in detail why is taking so long, but an educated guess will be to asume that a lot of sequencial reading is happening due to not very well tuned indexes...

But in anycase, you need to find the bottleneck... You might be able to build a good case for archiving and reduce the number of records in the table but again I think you do your research.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

Time taken while sequential reading is comparitively less when compared to other programs

please find the below screen shot.still searching with how to delete the entries from table.