Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA server installation 401 unauthorization issue

former_member186273
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

Today I want to install hana server on one of my server station, I downloaded the latest installation files from our production server and transfer the install files to Suse station. The folder structure like this:

Everything goes smoothly until the last step to start instance.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this error?

I've attached full installation log file.

OS Distribution : SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1

HANA: Version is 1.00.37 Build 0368807-1410

It look like to me that the HANA system was created successfully, however, due the SAP authentication mechanism (for security sake). It requires client authentication for executing critical function like "Start" or "Stop". By default http basic authentication with OS <sid>adm user and password can be used, For local connections a so called "trusted connect" can be used via the "sapcontrol" command line tool

Starting instance using: /usr/sap/AI2/SYS/exe/hdb/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function StartWait 2700 2

Allow me explain a little bit further.

sapcontrol : command line

-prot option   is the protocol

NI_HTTP     HTTP  using SAP NI sockets (default, prefer Unix domain sockets)

-nr option, instance number

-function option, StartWait is the function name with two parameters timeout second and delay second

And more important, after reading some related documentations regarding to sapcontrol command, it using SOAP http authentication, why the heck it need SOAP? And again, which server host the wsdl that will validate my OS user and password? I'm lost here.

Well, if you execute the following command, it became to another case.

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function StopService -user <sid>adm Password

Output:

13.10.2012 03:15:55

StopService

FAIL: Invalid Credentials

I'm pretty sure about my OS name and password. It just refused work. Day past but the problem haven't get solved. Someone please help, I'm really appreciate.

Thanks

Ethan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186273
Participant
0 Kudos

The hana box was successfully installed via ./hdbsetup. It doesn't work via ./hdbinst -a server.

Thanks for your help.

--Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody tell me how to fix the memory as suggested so I can play with this on my laptop

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

The issue you had is because SAP Host agent process couldn't be started.

There is probably a previous installation of SAP before that created the UDS file: /tmp/.sapstream50013

You may want to check which <sid>adm user owns this file, and then follow the solution on the following link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28ACC%29+SAPControl+Fails+with+HTTP+401+Unauthorized+E...

1. Log on with the <sid>adm user
  2. Shutdown the instance agent by executing the following command:
    sapcontrol -nr <NR> -function StopService -user <sid>adm<password>
  3. Change to the root user and remove the UDS file. The file is located in the /tmp directory and the file name convention is ".sapstream5<NR>13"
  4. Change back to the <sid>adm user and start the instance agent for example, with the following command:
    sapcontrol -nr <NR> -function StartService <SID>

Regards,

Ferry

former_member186273
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry

Thanks for your solution, to be honest, I read the post before posting my question. The point is I never find the UDS file at all under /tmp/*. Please see the screenshoot.

Please kindly help.

Thanks

Ethan

former_member186273
Participant
0 Kudos

By the way, talk about host agent, when I run following command, the system told me the host agent not installed

./sapcontrol -nr 00 -function CheckHostAgent

SAPHostAgent NOT Installed

does it matter? is it the root cause?

Thanks for your patience.

-Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

Please make sure that you're logged on as "root" user when you do installation, and not as "ethanz" (even if you're given the "root" group access).

If the HANA installation runs correctly, you should see something like this on /tmp folder (I'm using Instance number 00 for this example):

/tmp # ls -l

-rw-r----- 1 i01adm  sapsys       0 Oct  4 12:41 .hdb_I01_01_lock

srwxr-xr-x 1 i01adm  sapsys       0 Oct  4 12:42 .sapicm8001

-rw-rw-rw- 1 i01adm  sapsys       0 Oct  4 12:41 .sapstartsrv01_sapstartsrv.log

srwx------ 1 i01adm  sapsys       0 Oct  4 12:41 .sapstream50113

srwxr-xr-x 1 i01adm  sapsys       0 Oct  4 12:42 .sapstream65000

If you are still experiencing difficulties with the installation, you may want to open an Internal Message to the component "BC-DB-HDB-INS".

Regards,

Ferry

former_member186273
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry

Thanks for you patience.

The solution doesn't work for me, file sapstream5<instance #>13 didn't get generated at all. After all the attempts and approaches I decided to re-install the Suse server and want to start from scratch.

I installed the suse for sap version, https://www.suse.com/products/sles-for-sap/ and install Host Agent first, then HANA database. Unfortunately I got a totally different error message

Output line 15: FAIL: process hdbindexserver HDB Indexserver not running

Full log

03:02:39.077 - ERR: Installation failed

03:02:39.077 - ERR:   error installing

03:02:39.062 - ERR:     Cannot create Instance

03:02:39.061 - ERR:       Cannot start system

03:02:38.965 - ERR:         Start of SAP HANA Database instance failed

03:02:09.467 - INFO:           Starting external program /bin/su

03:02:09.467 - INFO:             Command line is: /bin/su - ai2adm -c "/usr/sap/AI2/HDB00/HDB start ai2-hcm-hdb"

03:02:10.703 - INFO:             Output line 1:

03:02:10.703 - INFO:             Output line 2:

03:02:10.703 - INFO:             Output line 3: StartService

03:02:10.703 - INFO:             Output line 4: OK

03:02:10.749 - INFO:             Output line 5: OK

03:02:10.750 - INFO:             Output line 6: Starting instance using: /usr/sap/AI2/SYS/exe/hdb/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function StartWait 2700 2

03:02:10.750 - INFO:             Output line 7:

03:02:38.963 - INFO:             Output line 8:

03:02:38.963 - INFO:             Output line 9: 20.10.2012 03:02:10

03:02:38.963 - INFO:             Output line 10: Start

03:02:38.963 - INFO:             Output line 11: OK

03:02:38.963 - INFO:             Output line 12:

03:02:38.963 - INFO:             Output line 13: 20.10.2012 03:02:38

03:02:38.964 - INFO:             Output line 14: StartWait

03:02:38.964 - INFO:             Output line 15: FAIL: process hdbindexserver HDB Indexserver not running

03:02:38.965 - INFO:             Program terminated with exit code 2

and this time I couldn't find any related resources.

Thanks

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan

i try to install test HANA system has been the same error:FAIL: process hdbindexserver HDB indexserver not running.

i try to use ./hdbsetup but still same error message, could you please share your experience how to solve this issue.

thanks

Regards.,

Edward

former_member186273
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ed

If I remembered correctly, the reason I ran into "indexserver not running" is my limited memory. As you know, SAP doesn't encourage installing HANA on personal computer. While if you insist, you might need to check the installation log, it will tell you lots of details.

Thanks

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan

yes, it's limited memory, this issue is solved when i resize memory.

thanks a lot for your reply.

Edward