cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which resource is being considered in PDS for capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are facing a issue with PDS. when we take SNP optimiser on PPM is gives the plan according to the capacity available as per SNP relevant resource. so when the requirement is greater than the capacity on the resource, optimiser gives unfulfilled demand which we can get from //snpoplog.

but when we take the same optimiser run based on PDS, we do not get any unfulfilled demand. i.e PDS is giving the output which is greater than the capacity of the SNP relevant resource.

we are unable to find out the element in the PDS from which is is considering the capacity for the planning.

moreover when we check the IT_RESOURC in //snpoplog, for PPM it shows both fields rightly - Production capacity use and Production capacity available. But in case of PDS there is only production capacity available, the field production capacity use is having 0 value.

So how would i come to know that what resource capacity is getting considered planning purpose in case of PDS?

we tested case like:

demand to serve : 4,00,000L

Capacity available on SNP relevant resource: 3,60,000L

Planning under PPM: 3,60,000L

planning under PDS: 4,00,000L

when we see pds under pds_maint we confused is two columns : primary resource and Capacity. which field is getting considered for capacity????

can somebody explain this????

Regards,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

In APO //CURTO_SIMU, you can see the field "Bucket Resource Consumption (variable)". That's usually the value used in SNP.

By the way, does the resource have finite scheduling indicator?

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

yes the resource is with finite scheduling indicator ON.

in //curto_simu where exactly i can see the field Bucket Resource Consumption (variable) mentioned by you?

Regards,

Ashok

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Display activity->modes->Capacity requirements:

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

here you can see that the variable consumption column is having 0 value. does it have any relation with not considering the capacity of the resource and producing as per the requirement?

Regards,

Ashok

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I was showing you a subcontracting one, so both fixed and variable value are filled.

For a normal one, it's correct that only fixed value exists. It means no matter how much you produce, the capacity consumption is always 1800 seconds.

So I don't think it has something to do with the PDS itself.

Best regards,

Tiemin