Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2IUN - Incorrect Posting Date - Service tax Utilisation

former_member184631
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We have done Service Tax utilisation recently with all correct accouting entries.

User have selected the correct period & posted the document accordingly. But by mistake user has posted the document  in current data instead of previous date (31mar2012).

Due to this Service tax ledger is still showing open item in the month of March.

Pls suggest if there is any provision in SAP to reverse J2IUN service tax utlisation entry or any other adjustments .

Thanks in advance

Sachin         

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No man. You are taking this in wrong way. I mean to say that you just flagged like rather it could have been helpful ans. Here no one is point hungry. We wont get any medal for high points. We are just helping each other by sharing knowledge.

former_member184631
Contributor
0 Kudos

K. Well nilesh , i have not marked it as helpful becos i personally feel that any Excise or CIN related entry should not be passed via FI directly. I have discussed same issue with my other mates also and they have also suggested me to avoid FI JV. Instead they have told me to explore that Excise JV (J1IH). If i post it through FI JV then respective Entry will not get updated in J_1IPART2 Table.If i post it through J1IH adjustment entry then it will get reflect in table which helps me to avoid separate records.

Currently i am studying the same topic and will share if i find something useful .

Hope you understand & appreciate.

Cheers !!

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find answers inline:

a) Is there any negative impact on system if we post a JV directly.

Definitely there is impact. Amount will be adjusted in GLs and in excise .

b) If no , then why do we prefer J2IUN over JV Entry for utilization entry.

J2IUN is a SAP provided process for full flange utilization. You no when we use a standard process transaction, it updates many tables and creates further followon documents. Hence better to use J2IUN.

c) Is there any other thing which we need to take care while posting this JV Entry.

J2IUN entry will be there in registers for utilization.manually with the help of annexure, excise user need to keep records so that if any cross questioning is there from excise authorities, he need to produce the proofs.

If you dont have further queries, mark this as answered, otherwise we will end up with email notifications in our inbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to post JV via FI, but in registers there will always be entry for utilisation. There is no way of taking this revert back untill you do table entries. I am not in favour of table entries. Try convencing user abut the consequences. dont try to revert j2iun, its not possible.

former_member184631
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilesh .

Pls guide me on following doubts ...

a) Is there any negative impact on system if we post a JV directly.

b) If no , then why do we prefer J2IUN over JV Entry for utilisation entry.

c) Is there any other thing which we need to take care while posting this JV Entry.

Sachin