Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for rejection, item level

jepi_flanders
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask a question concerning the reason for rejection at item level in sales order: Should it be possible to set it, even if a delivery / good issue gas already been created for the item?

According to the SAP help doc, it should (at least, I have not found any remark about it).

In my case, it is not possible, but I have the doubt that this is managed by user status.

Thank you for confirming the standard behaviour.

Beat regards

JFlanders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Should it be possible to set it, even if a delivery / good issue gas already been created for the item?

Yes it is possible as long as it is partially delivered and billed.

G. Lakshmipathi

jepi_flanders
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for answering. So, partially delivered ok, still possible to set a reason for rejection.

For fully delivered item, it is not possible, right?

Thanks again.

JF

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For fully delivered item, it is not possible, right?

Yes of course and in fact, I would have been happy had you tested and updated on the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask a question concerning the reason for rejection at item level in sales order: Should it be possible to set it, even if a delivery / good issue gas already been created for the item?

Actually ,we are using Reason for Rejection only for returns Process.( I think ,you know this already right).

Why you have to Insert to Reason for rejection in Item level in Sales Order.(are you saying in Returns Sales Order or Staight Sales Order).

What is the Purpose of Reason for Rejection Maiantainin in Item level in Sales Order  already done Delivery/PGI ?

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are using Reason for Rejection only for returns Process

Your understanding is wrong.  Even for normal sale order, we can assign Reason for Rejection if subsequent activities should not take place for that line item.  In fact, I am surprised, in what circumstances, for return order, this Reason for Rejection would be used, as there is no Business logic in that.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sir Thanks for responding first,

" Even for normal sale order, we can assign Reason for Rejection if subsequent activities should not take place for that line item".

On your Reply ,I have small doubt what is that,

"Without Subsequent Activities why we placed that line Item in Sales Order level".What is the Use of to maintain that LineItem in Sales Order without Subsequent Activities..

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Use of to maintain that LineItem in Sales Order without Subsequent Activities..

In some business process, as and when they get orders, they would register that so that the requirement wont get missed.  But due to some reason, they dont want the requirement to pass on to MRP (production people) and under the circumstances, we assign Reason for Rejection for normal sale order.  This is just one example.  Like this, there are many cases.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many times thanks for Response (I got it).

Thanks,

Naren