cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Data Model - Invalid Check Table Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to extend Data Model 0G, by creating a new Entity Type (Z_JV_NAME) and by adding a few Attributes in it. The reason is that we have Joint Venture Accounting activated in our system, because of that 6 JVA related attributes are added in Cost Center Master Data Table (CSKS). Due to these missing parameters, I get errors during data replication.

However, when I add these attributes, 5 out of 6 attributes give following error.

Data model 0G, entity type Z_JV_NAME, attribute ZZ_ETYPE: Invalid check table

Message no. USMD1079

Diagnosis

There is an attribute with a data element assigned that refers to a check table.

Besides the client, the check table can only have one key field that corresponds to the attribute.

System Response

The data model cannot be saved or activated.

I have studies a few white papers available on SDN, I follow the same procedure to extend my Data Model, but still getting error.

Can anyone advise, how can I add these attributes.

Regards,

Hanif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to use "relationships" to include the foreign keys of the check table. You may use the relationships of data model 0G or BP as examples.

Best regards

Michael

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

I am having the similar situation having two type-3 entities with data element LSTAR(Activity Type) and KOSTL(Cost Center) and for the data element I am getting the below error message:-

could you please assist on this.

Regards

Ashu

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

SAP offers a Rapid Deployment Solution for Activity Types: http://scn.sap.com/community/rapid-deployment/blog/2014/11/01/rapid-deployment-of-data-governance-an...

Best regards

Michael

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your swift response and the attached link.

I have created an activity type with data element as CHAR6 and it is working correctly in my scenario, But the only issue is I am not having my activity type description showed in the UI so I thought this is may be due to I have took CHAR6 instead of LSTAR and tried to modify the data model but I am getting the above error.

Could you please help me where I am doing the mistake,as currently we are not going with RDS package.

Regards

Ashu

lukasz_dippel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michel.

I'm facing the same ( or similar ) error while trying to extend tne BP_CUS_CC entity with ZZSBGRP field. It says: "Data model BP, entity type BP_CUS_CC, attribute ZZSBGRP: Invalid check table".

You say "you need to use "relationships" to include the foreign keys of the check table…." but how? The checktable for that field is T024B, but how can I include this table with Relationships? First I need to create the relationship between BP_CUS_CC - is it FROM or TO entity type? And which one will be the second one? What will be the relationship type and cardinality. And last (but not least) what should I put in "Fields for foreign key relationships". Thank you. Łukasz.

lukasz_dippel
Participant
0 Kudos

And (by the way) why is not the domain's of the data element value table used? data element : SBGRP_CM -> domain: SBGRP_CM -> Value table : T024B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hanif,

I'm also trying something similar and hitting the same error.

I think MDG is not allowing the usage of Data Elements that have a check table with more than 2 key fields, where the first is the SAP Client code and the second one is the field itself.

I wonder if there is a workaround to this issue or if you found any solution in the meanwhile.

Please advise if you did

Best regards,

Boris