cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.0 - How to change connection of a report which is pointing to OLD environment( from where the current one was restored)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have backed up a OLD environment and restored it into a NEW one. Then, I clearded the data in the NEW environment, opened an existing report in NEW environment and it still shows data(probably from the OLD environment). How can I change the connection to point to the NEW environment?

Thank you!

Regards,
Peri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peri,

Open the template in the old environment. Go to edit report -> options and select "do not store connection". Then save this template in your new environment.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilanjan,

What If I don't have the OLD environment? If so, does that mean, I can never change the connection and hence, I can never use the report to point to the NEW environment?

Thank you!

Regards,

Peri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peri,

I have never tried that. But it looks like what you have said is correct.

Having said that, if you have the same name of the environment as the old one, then there shouldnt be any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Infa guys have meesed up with the environment and we, developers, are being penalised for that 😞

Let me try my luck. If it does not work, I will have to rebuild all the reports/input forms. I hate redoing things, but it seems I have no other choice.

Thanks, Nilanjan.

Regards,

Peri

Former Member

Nilanjan,

Managed to resolve that.

The resolution is:

-----------------------

- Open the report in the NEW environment.

- Click the Report Actions button at the top within the EPM ribbon.

- Click Manage Connections.

- Click Report Connections at the righ hand side on the following screen. This will list out the connections with sheets.

- Select the connection with the OLD model and click Change Connection button.

- Now choose the new connection with the new model.

- Click Ok button to close the screens.

- Now, the report will point to the new model.

- Save the report

Just wanted to share with you/all.

Thank you.

Regards,

Peri

Answers (0)