cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Profile - Doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two questions about client copy procedures.

1- Can you tell me please if it is possible to do a client copy with only the data of the client source, without customization and other things, only the data?

2- It is possible to make a client copy with the customization settings of the client source without crushing developments/workbench of the target client?

I checked the following information in SAP Help, but I was not clarified regarding the above questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

samid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

For first you can try SAP_APPL.Check all similar named profiles as well.

For second no  worry. Client copy doesn't affect repository. it just copies data of tables selected as per profile, Respository (and its tables) aren't its part.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Thank you for your answer.

Regarding the second question, which profile that you recommend me to use?

Kind regards,

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

For second SAP_CUST or SAP_CUSTV (check SAP_CUST* ).

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first may not be possible without a SAP_ALL as there is no separate profile to copy only the client master data.

For second option use SAP_CUSV, SAP_UCUS or SAP_UCSV. As developments/workbench are cross client, they would not be affected.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan,

Ok... regarding your second answer, what we need to do is a remote client copy from a production system client 300 (source client) to the development system client 400 (target),  as I understood from your answer, you guarantee me that copy using the profiles SAP_CUSV, SAP_UCUS or SAP_UCSV will not crush all the developments/workbench that we have in the development client 400, am I right?

Best regards
samid