cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Sheet integration

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

We are implementing SAP PI Sheet and goal is to integrate with xMII. We setup interface between physical weight scale and PI sheet, however business wants to see real time increase of weight when getting added to scale on PI sheet.

The sample PI Sheet is shown below where the green bar below increases when weight gets added to PI sheet.  Please recommend how this can be setup in SAP ?

(IMAGE SOURCE FROM X step Cafe)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming your PI Sheet is in SAP ECC and you want to integrate weigh scale with MII and pass the data to SAP and show it in PI Sheet.

Weigh Scale -> MII -> SAP -> PI Sheet.

If my understanding is correct then first 3 steps are certainly possible, while you can check in ABAP forums on how to dispaly data in PI sheet realtime.

From MII's stand point -

STEP 1: Request ABAPers to create a custom BAPI which will read weight and store it in required tables in SAP.

STEP 2: Every Weigh Scale hardware has its own software which needs to be customized to trigger MII BLS Transaction as a webservice when the weight is read from weigh scale.

STEP 3: MII BLS transaction will call BAPI and forward the weight to SAP.

If you question was to display PI Sheet realtime in MII and not in SAP ECC like Mike mentioned. Then you don't need STEP 1 and STEP 3 above. Instead of passing weight value to SAP you would simply show that in iGrid of MII IRPT page which should be refreshed freqently (May be every 90 secs) to show the real time weight value.

Hope this helps.

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your response, I will follow your instructions.

Is there a way to plot bar graph in MII ? The MII connected to scale and the graph increases when the scale weight increases ?

Please advice.

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 1: Use PCo to push weight data to MII

Step 2: Save the weight data in DB / MDO

Step 3: Create a transaction to read the data as per the selection criteria you have

Step 4: Use WSDLGen to expose the transaction

Step 5: Consume the web service in ABAP (it will give you a proxy class)

Step 6: Do lpconfig and use SOAP Runner to invoke the service

Step 7: Use this proxy class in your PI sheet enhancement and read the value from MII.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/208239ac-3161-2b10-f29a-abec67549...

Can be a guide for you

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly, you wish MII (Please provide version, SP, and build and same for NW if MII version is 12.0 or greater) to display real time data from the scale.  I am unsure what you mean by "...when getting added to scale on PI sheet." 

You should be able to interface the scale to MII directly (may also want to do the updates to the PI Sheet via MII) and hence display real time changes (updated how often?). 

Are you looking to use SAP as the source of the data for MII or the scale directly?

Regards, Mike

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for your response,

We are currently using SAP 4.7 Version,and  Mii version is 12.0. The weight of components are measured on scale and we have a interface between SAP PI sheet and weight scale.

However, PI sheet is not integrated with MII. When weight added to the scale by pouring material to bin on scale the weight on the scale increase.

How can we get real time increase of weight on scale to PI as bar graph. The bar graph increases as weight gets increased on scale.

Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thanks