cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Can additional confirmations be performed after a return delivery?

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a return delivery is posted against a confirmation document, can an additional goods receipt/confirmation be posted against that line item if the vendor ships a replacement for the faulty part?  As of right now, I can perform a confirmation against the PO to do the initial receipt.  I then go into the confirmation and the "Return Delivery" button is available and works as expected (receipt is reversed and posted to the back end).  I posted the return delivery but made sure that "Final Delivery" was not checked.  When I try to re-do the confirmation from the the Shopping Carts list under "Employee Self-Services" or if I open the shopping cart and try to confirm all items from there, the "Create Confirmation" button is grayed out and won't let me do another receipt.  Is this standard out of the box functionality or is there a security or config change that I've missed somewhere?

This is all in SRM 7.0.

Thanks!

Hal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should be able to do another confirmation for the item you created a return delivery for. As far as I know that should be the normal behaviour. Are you sure that the final delivery indicator is not checked? For example in the backend?

Standard behaviour is that if you confirm the complete amount without setting the final delivery flag, the final delivery flag is still set as you confirmed the complete line.

Regards,

Robin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

After trying a few more examples, most of my problem appeared to be security related.  Now that the security settings have been adjusted, the requisitioner can post receipts (but can't cancel/return).  Central Confirmation user can now receive/cance/return.  I have one shopping cart/PO that appears to be in a bad state that won't allow re-confirmation but overall the functionality does work as explained above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hal,

I am experiencing this issue for purchase orders which are are partially confirmed.last delv.indicator is not set for the PO.

Also the backend fields are updated in the PO in bbp_pd.

Can you please guide me further

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

Can you describe the series of events that lead up to the issue in your system?  Can you also describe what state the PO is in now (for example, is the confirmation button just grayed out?  Is it active but if you try to use it you get an error... etc).  Are you using Classic or Extended Classic scenario?

I was using test user accounts that were using slightly modified versions of the out of the box SRM roles when I ran into the problem I listed in the original post.  I figured out that it was security related by performing the same series of steps while logged in as a user that had access to all of the roles. 

Hal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hal,

Thanks for your time.

I am working in a extended classic scenario.

The PO ordered quantity is 6 and confirmation is done for 2 quantity in backend R/3 system.Now the user is unable to do confirmation for the rest 4 quantity because in SRM 7, the create receipt button is greyed out in POWL

Its a service PO.I tried doing confirmation from my logon credentials but i couldnt.

Swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hal,

The functionality definitely there. Once you reverse the confirmation you should able to re-receive it again.

I would request you to check if the return delivery is  successfully posted in backend system or not? Also, execute BBP_GET_STATUS_2 report for that particular shopping cart to have all the related documents updated. You may have BBP_GET_STATUS_2 schedule for certain days like past 30 days as that is advisable to have the better performance. If you shopping cart which you are trying to re-receive is older then 30 days then status does not automatically get updated.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh