cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipe Development in EhP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience from RD in EhP5? I now that there is an upgraded version in EhP6 but my customer is only running EhP5.

Is it possible to use the Recipe Management parts or is everything changed? The main part of the solution that they want to use is the Labeling part.

Is the RD EhP5 a working solution or is it a beta like many of SAPs first editions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer,

There are significant improvements in EhP6 around the Recipe Development component. You can check the RKT documentation for details.

The Recipe Development application uses the same specification database that is used by Recipe Management and EH&S. However, the recipes are stored in different structures. So you need to migrate the existing recipes before you can use them in the web UI. EhP6 comes with a migration tool for this purpose.

Coming to the comments by Niraj, let me point out that the Adobe form provided in labeling is for preview purpose, and the real output is the xml file which can be used as input for packaging and artwork related activities. The xml file carries all the information from the label set.

With regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer,

I have used EhP5, and it is lacking in many areas where EhP6 has caught up with.  Although EhP6 seems to be a work in progress as it stands now as well.

WIth the labeling, I have never used EhP5's solution, but I know it is a world of difference from EhP4 (classic RM).  Also it seems that they have revamped EhP6's labeling tool from the previous EhP5, which I think is great.

Have you had any luck with usnig it?  I have implemented a full labeling solution in EhP6, except for the fact that the 1 standard form delivered by SAP does not meet the USDA/FDA guidelines for Nutritional Facts panel.