cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel does not change previously cached ip when it changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a communication channel in PI with an URL. PI seems to cache the IP address related to that URL the first time it connects and then if the IP address changes it does not refresh so continues sending info to the old IP address.

The only note that i have found related to this ip caching issue is this one  1053387, but i do no think that is a sapgui issue. Does anyone have found this issue before? Any help will be appreciated,

Many thanks and regards,

Raul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

Try performing a cache refresh in t-code SXI_CACHE, this should solve the problem.

Regards,

Greg

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

First of all, many thanks to everyone for the fast replies, is really cool to check that there are a lot of nice people around here.

The solution provided by Grzegorz Glowacki solved the problem. Anyway I'll try to apply the solution provided by Kenny Scott to avoid future issues as well.

Thank you all once again,

Regards,

Raul

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Raul,

the IP is cached in the JVM therefore make the JVM configuration changes in the note -

1507108 DNS Caching in the SAP JVM

then restart the server for the JVM configuration changes to become effective. The JVM DNS cache will then update with changed IP addresses.

Regards

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

I assume you are using domain names in the URL. Maybe it's a DNS cache problem, you can try to flush the DNS cache in the PI box everytime there is a change in the IP addresses for the given URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I second Nageshwar's thoughts Raul...

SAP PI doesn't do any caching of IP addresses, the hostname in the URL you're using is resolved on the fly as the call from PI is initiated, however the IP for the hostname is cached on a DNS server.

It definitely sounds network related.

Regards, Trevor

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

This issue may have nothing to do with PI system. The IP addresss for host name may be retrieved from DNS. So work with your network to identify the root cause. That should help in deciding if the issue is with PI or network related.

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

What do you mean when you say "if the IP address changes it does not refresh"?

If i am not mistaken if the IP changes you need to update the same in the channel and activate your changes.

Regards

Abhishek