cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager MOPZ config on SOLMAN4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I need to use Maintenance optimizer to download files for SOLMAN upgrade and I need to set up MOPZ but I cannot see "set up MOPZ" in SPRO. Please let me know if there is any other way to set it up. Currently my SOLMAN is 4.0

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, You need to install your support packs and get up to version 7.0 or later
But here is a link for configuration.
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/'System'+configuration+of+Maintenance+Optimizer
Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Mic, but I heard that SOLMAN4.0 and 7.0 are same.

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Solution manager 4.0 and 7.0 are same. Solution manager 4.0 has been renamed to solman7.0

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh, do you have the answer to the qestion i have asked in the beginning about the MOPZ config on SOLMAN4.0

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope http://scn.sap.com/message/6398917 will help you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager 7.0

Configuration

Before using the Maintenance Optimizer, you must configure it. Follow the procedure described in the SAP Implementation Guide (IMG).

If you are using Solution Manager 7.0 Support Package 9 (ST 400 SP09) the configuration procedure can be found as follows:

• Transaction SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Basic Settings -> Set Up Maintenance Optimizer

As of Solution Manager 7.0 Support Packages level 10 (ST 400 SP10 and above), the procedure can be found in the following location:

• Transaction SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Advanced Configuration -> Basic Settings -> SAP Solution Manager System -> Change Management -> Set Up Maintenance Optimizer

For more info see Note 1024932 - Maintenance Optimizer: Collective Note.

If you does not find Maintenance Optimizer in that location you can search for Maintenance Optimizer in SPRO->SAP Reference IMG.

As of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SPS17 the location is:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Basic Settings -> Standard Configuration of Basic Settings -> Solution Manager -> Basic BC-Sets for Configuration -> Activate Maintenance Optimizer BC Sets

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Change Management -> Maintenance Optimizer (Software Lifecycle Manager)

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Roman for your help, this reduced a pile of probs to a lower level. Could you please let me know the required BC sets for MOPZ which finally helps me to set up MOPZ through SPRO.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN40_MOPZ_TTYP_SLMO_000

SOLMAN40_CHARM_PROXYFACT_001

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roman,

While trying to activate the BC set of MOPZ through SPRO it throws a Blank page with the following written at the bottom

" X SAP MOPZ auto configuration Warnings"

Please let me know the name of the BC sets which I can try to activate through SCPR20.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman,

1. BC set SOLMAN40_MOPZ_TTYP_SLMO_000 ended with warning and

SOLMAN40_CHARM_PROXYFACT_001 was successfull.

2. I went to SPRO to check if I could see the option "set up Maintenance optimizer" but its not there. 3. Also I tried option "Activate Maintenance Optimizer BC Set" through SPRO it resulted in a blank screen with an error below saying that "SAP MOPZ auto configuration warning".

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read Note 990534 - Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer: BC Set. Hope it help to resolve issue.

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading the same note i.e 990534 when I got your reply. The note decribes the same two BC sets which you mentioned earlier to activate but that was unsuccessfull as mentioned ealier in my reply to you. And tcode SM_MOPZ generates the same warning SAP_MOPZ auto config warning which again I have mentioned in my reply to you. Both of these thing are unsuccessfull. Please suggest what should I do now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you performed prerequisites before activating BC Sets:

1. Define Solution

2. Assign S User

Also read BC Sets Activation

Please read carefully Setup_Maintenance_Optimizer.doc file  (attachment to note 990534) for steps to configure Maintenance Optimizer.

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Define solution-> No I havent defined any solution yet.

2. Assign S-User-> My id is the Super user with which I am doing all the required config and the same is defined in AISUSER.

As per the details provided in the link mentioned by you I'll try to put the SOLMAN40_MOPZ_TTYP_SLMO_000.txt in the transport request and import it into the same client where I am performing MOPZ config.

Note:- Please correct me if I say that we can igonore SAP MOPZ autoconfig warnings or any CHARM warnings.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (0)