Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Add the logical component for the SAP NW PI 7.3 in Solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

System Details:

Solution Manager 7.1 SP Level 07  & SAP Netweaver PI 7.3 (AS JAVA Adapter Engine).

In Txn : SMSY not able to add the logical component for the SAP NW PI 7.3 under the System Groups & Logical Components --> SAP Netweaver --> Adapter Engine (Java EE) --> SAP NW XI Adapter Engine. Here Product Version : SAP Netweaver 7.3 and system assigned in Landscape component is not list here under the Production system field.

In Landscape Component under Header Data tab I have assign the Product as SAP Netweaver 7.3 and in Product Instance tab I have checked the PI Adapter Engine (Java EE) & Application Server Java.

Can you please suggested the Solution how to assign the right logical component for the SAP Netweaver PI 7.3 in SMSY.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Java systems can not be added to a Logical Component in the Solution Manager Configuration Work Center in Solution Manager 7.1. It's true that you have to configure this in SMSY, so you're on the right track there.

However, you can only do this when the the Product Version fits the leading product in your Logical Component. To change this, go to LMDB and add the right Product Version to your J2EE PI system there.

I hope this helps,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Thanks for the kind information. I have checked in LMDB and have option to select SAP Netweaver 7.3 and it looks not correct.

Because the PI system is SAP Netweaver PI 7.3 (AS JAVA Adapter Engine) and still not able to assign the correct logical component for this system.

I think need to update the Product Definition in Solman because SAP Netweaver PI 7.3 is not available in SMSY and I have plan to upgrade current PI system to EHP1 SAP Netweaver PI 7.3.

Can you please suggest is it required to update the Product Definition...?  suppose if yes then let me know correction snotes to implement. Actually, I didn't find any relavent snotes on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Please be advised that an SAP PI system must register itself directly in the SLD you use for Solution Manager (beit local or central). Otherwise, the PI domain will not be recognized as such, and you will miss several components in Solution Manager regarding your PI domain (e.g., it will not be clear to Solution Manager that your PI domain contains an Adapter Engine; therefore, as far as Solution Manager is concerned, it is not a PI system and you can not configure it as such). This is because PI domain data is not synchronized between different SLDs. Also, you can not transport (export/import) this specific data.

A possible workaround for this prerequisite is merging the SLD-data of your PI systems in one seperate SLD CIM namespace. Please refer to Note 1631346 for more information. It seems a bit tricky, but in my experience, it works.

Once the PI domain is registered correctly in the SLD/LMDB/SMSY, you can assign the right Product Version. It should not be necessary to implement any Notes for this.

Kind regards,

Henk.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello in solman 7.1 you can add a logical component to any system trought SMSY but that is not the correct way to setup the managed system, and for that you can get problems if you use smsy.

to setup correctly the managed system on solman 7.1, go to "solution manager configuration" workcenter and launch the "managed system confiugration" on step 10 you can create the logical components.

Regards,

Luis