Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token key generator with Sap EP 731

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I'm thinking a scenario like this for a customer:

Sap EP latest release connected to an  Sap ERP 604 by mean of  iViews in order to estract data and allow the end-users to access them.

The UME for the Sap EP will be the ERP system itself (ABAP only instance).

It's required to enforce as much as possible the security of the end-users, so I'm thinking to put in place a login mechanism like those used usually with Online Banking applications :

any end -user will have a personal Token Key Generator and to connect to the site he will have to provide a user-id + password, and then a number generated by the Token key generator.

Then the end-user will access his data in Https protocol.

I never used this kind of login mechanism with Sap, and I would like to know more about  Token Key Generator and if they are usable (and in which way) with Sap.

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

It's a type of portal security so I am not having to much experience in portal security but go through this link below, It may be helpful for you to setup this security. Also please reply me if it worked.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/49/a034b117c83e90e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Varun Jain