cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We are using ZCTR – Contract price condition type in Regular sales order. When this condition type is maintained, PR00 will be inactive automatically.

The problem here is, We are maintaining lot of condition records (Millions) for this condition type. Like Division/pricelist/Material, Order reason/customer/Material etc.,

To avoid this, Can we implement contracts for this?

If Yes, what type of contract we need to maintain?

Can we copy the Contract price into Release orders?

Kindly through some light on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fully agree with G. Lakshmipathi that your query should be clear.

Be that as it may, go to VTAA >>> your Contract Doc type and Sales Order doc type >>>> double click on item category details maintain  "G - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes" in Pricing Type and check.

Thanks,

Suman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we copy the Contract price into Release orders?

While the issue what has been narrated is not clear to me, I would say Yes it is possible to your question based on copy controls you maintain.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

We have a condition type called Zxxx - Contract price which has 5 key combinations with 20 million condition records.  And also, those condition records are keep on increasing which is giving lot of pain to maintain. So, we are exploring the possible options to reduce maintanace of Condition records for that condition type.

As it is related to Contract price, we thought of Implementing Contracts for this. 

Note: This condition type is getting triggered in Standard order as of now.

Two requirements:

1. If we create a contract, Whatever the price mentioned in Contracts, it should get copied into Release orders.

2. Reduce Maintenance of condition records.

Kindly give an idea how can we achieve in SAP? If not contracts, do we have any other way of doing?

Thanks in Advance.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi hk,

Two requirements:

1. If we create a contract, Whatever the price mentioned in Contracts, it should get copied into Release orders.

2. Reduce Maintenance of condition records.

Your first requirement can be fulfilled by copy control which I have suggested in VTAA.

Second can be achieved(I think you are talking about VK11 condition data entry) by LSMW, SCATT or BDC.

Thanks,

Suman

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to maintain that zee condition type at top hierarchy, say at sales organisation level, so that the number of maintaining condition records can be reduced to a great extent.

Coming to your requirement, as I said already, yes it is possible to copy the contract price to sale order based on your copy control in VTAA.

G. Lakshmipathi