cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP SRM with ECC for standalone scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a SRM standalone scenario. Currently all supplier and product masters are maitained in SRM itself. The SRM standalone system is working fine with out any accounting system.

Since we need to use ECC 6.0 as the accounting system, we are not sure about the master data to be maintained in the ECC system for standalone scenario.

As per my under standing,

1. The vendor master need to be created in ECC and replicated to SRM for standaone scenario also.

2. Do we need to create material master in ECC and replicate the same to SRM even for standalone scenario?

3. If we are not maintaining the material master in ECC, when we create a shopping cart with Material Master data maintained in SRM, whether the invoice transfer to the ECC will be affected? 

The SRM version is SRM 7.01 Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shyjith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyjith

Did you find any solution to this problem. I totally agree with the user tangram 8. I couldnt really understand SAP's reasoning behind the restrictions it has in standalone system. It says we can link it to SAP FI or non SAP system but clearly linking it to SAP FI system has its own problems

Pls let me know if you find something

Thanks

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it's standalone scenario all the Material and Vendor creation happens in SRM .So no need to create the Vendor and the Material in ECC

Yes the Invoice posted in SRM will get transfered to ECC FI System.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyjith,

My unserstanding from above context is, you are currently using SRM Standalone scenario and now you want to extend accounting stuff to ECC.

In general prcactice, standalone scenario is for orgnisations who are running non sap accounting systems.

In your case, when you are using ECC as FI system, then you should turn on Extended classic scenaro and start doing the master data stuff from ECC (Vendor, Material, Product categories). Also, do the necessary configuration for extendend classic scenario like, assinging GL for product category & accoutn assingment category combination, switching on extended classic and other basic settings.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Krish,

I m not talking about the general practice. Again for transferring data from ECC to SRM, no need to activate extended classic scenario.

We had the solution now. Just transfer the vendor master from ECC to SRM..

Regards

Shyjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a similar requirement. What we found out is that if you replicate vendors from ECC to SRM in standalone,  then:

1) you can't assign the vendor to specific target *local* purch. organizations (you can configure a single targ. purch. org in SRM).  Say you vendor is created in ECC for purch. orgs 1111, 2222 and 3333. Since the SRM Purch. Org. are not linked to those, the replication program is not able to assign the SRM vendor to 'corresponding' purchasing organizations in SRM. This must be done manually in SRM

2) If, in order to circumvent the above problem, you link the SRM purch org. to those in ECC, you can't use local product categories. In effect, if you create a shopping cart with a local prod. category, only local purch. groups are searched for.

3) If you go one step forward and also replicate the ECC material groups to prod categories in SRM, you have to set the target system of following documents to be SRM (customizing 'set target system for product categories').   

We did the above but it had the collateral effect that the purch. group field is no longer available in the Shopping cart and it remains empty

I fail to understand what is SAP's concept regarding invoicing in SRM standalone, since on one hand it is apparently not possible to replicate vendors from ECC and on the other hand a local vendor could not be used in an invoice because it wouldn't be available in ECC. 

I'd like to know how other people handle invoicing in SRM standalone.