cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing of bulk messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My sender application will be sending 10000 JMS messages within a span of 10-12 minutes as a batch process and PI needs to process it (doing 1 RFC lookup also) and then send it to ECC. So what's the best practice in terms of receiving the data, do i need to ask my sender system to club data in multiple files and then send? or PI can easily receive 10000 JMS messages (in 10 mins)  and then process them individually? My main concern is in terms of performance?

Please share your thoughts?

Regards!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>do i need to ask my sender system to club data in multiple files and then send

this would be the best way as you can make less RFC calls (and do the one rfc call with multiple items instead) - it will be much better then doing 10000 RFC calls  - group them into 3-5 MB XML files if possible,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I also think the same but my client is bit reluctant to do this, but still on a generic level PI is capable of receving 10000 messages in less than 10 mins (i am using PO) and processing them parallely without any bottleneck?

Regards!!

former_member312864
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go for message packaging

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10b54994-f569-2a10-ad8f-cf5c68a94...

or u can use inboud proxy to process the meassges

Regards

Sarojkanta

Answers (0)