cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI to BW webservice query connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented a solution where we have to fetch data from  Webservice query hosted in BW system.

The connection is from SOAP service(sender) to BW through RFC connection (Receiver). Where the RFC function module is supposed to fetch data from the query. But we, SAP PI are not able to fetch data. We get error response stating " response message mapping does not have values to be mapped " .. No data is being fetched from BW system.

Error response as in sxi_monitor :

Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_bwResponse_to_organisationRespo~; com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException: Cannot create target element /ns1:MT_organisationResponse/organisationResponse. Values missing

My question is, All the connection and configuration in PI is correct and working fine. So is there any separate configuration need to be done in BW system for PI request message to be processed at their webservice query ? Through RFC function module we are passing the query name to be accessed, but no success yet.

Is there any left to do at BW other than just creation of RFC Function module ?

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>My question is, All the connection and configuration in PI is correct and working fine. So is there any separate configuration need to be done in BW system for PI request message to be processed at their webservice query ? Through RFC function module we are passing the query name to be accessed, but no success yet.

if you have WS on PI - RFC - BW - then there is no config on BW necessary for this call to work

except for the working function module which is being called,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

From the communication channel i can see the function module is being called and at response interface, message is processed successfully, But no values are retrieved. Though the value requested, passed to fetch is right and works within BW when we tested the function module.

And I came across BW consultant now who said at rsa1 transaction in BW, There supposed to be a logical system to be created for any system connection. Gonna try that out with the help of basis consultant and see whether it goes further.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh.S

Message was edited by: Rajesh Thevar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

What about a breakpoint & debugging session on the BW side to see what actually happens when the call reaches BW?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Trevor,

Seems strange, External break point didn't had any effect. Seems the function module itself isn't triggered. But the RFC connection is fine and in the communication channel i can see message posted successfully.

Any possible reason?

And i came across this link where we have to do a configuration in BI for this type scenario.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/BI/page1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

This doesn't make sense to me too...You shouldn't need to do all this additional config...

All you would need to do is import the RFC into the PI ESR & map your outbound request & response to the RFC request and response accordingly...

Maybe you could double check the RFC channel you have configured, it could be the logon client is incorrect? It could be why it didn't trigger the breakpoint.

Regards, Trevor