Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email attachment configuration

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with email adapter. I want to retrieve email attachment from an email inbox. I have follow different blogs and using email-extension I am able to get the attachment. (I am using lotus notes as email server)

I was doing my testing with a test email account, and I was sending some emails with attachments. And the system is working fine.

Now, for my productive system, some external process is forwarding emails from different accounts to my productive account. But I have realized that the attachment content comes in "Content" tag instead of a different payload. But if I open my lotus notes account, I can see the file as an attachment.

I have tried to forward the email to the same email address. I lotus notes I can see the attachment and now my email adapter get the attachment as an Attachment in the message payload. If I send and email with an attachment from my email account to my productive email account, it is also working fine, getting the attachment as a different payload.

So I guess that the process that is forwarding the emails from one email account to my productive account is doing something "strange", (altought I can see the attachment in my lotus notes client), but PI is not considering as a different payload.

Is there any option to check the email account to check if the emails have an attachment or is not a "real" attachment.

Do you have any suggestion on email forwarding to avoid this situation???

Many thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, any Idea?

I have followed the post

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--...

I am working with SAP PI 7.3, and I have used the message monitoring

http://<ip>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor2.jsp?messageid=b9772c05-16d5-11e2-c53a-000000356a...

as Michal suggest in his blog. I am trying to see the email content using the "Display message Bytes" button and I get a html page with this information:

Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further

Any help is appreciated.