cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery document without PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following is my scenario:

Two company codes, A and B. Company A creates Sales order for the customer XY and when saving the Sales order, purchase requisition would be created. And conversion of PO takes place, where vendor is Company B.

And at the time of saving the PO in company A, Sales order of Company B would be created (Customer is Company A).  Through customization, we have achieved automatic creation of Sales order in Company B.

Company B directly ships the material to the customer XY (Customer of Company A) and bill the Company A. Now Company A would do delivery without PGI, and has to bill the customer XY.

My question is, how to have a delivery document without PGI, it can be controlled in Item category or in schedule line (through movement type). How to have delivery document without PGI (As the materials would have been already shipped to Customer by Company B)?  Kindly help, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question is, how to have a delivery document without PGI

If you assign TAX or TAW item category to your sale order type, then if you do PGI even stock is not there, system will allow to do PGI but there won't be any impact in inventory.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alan and Lakshmipathi.

Have assigned TAX for the Material, Schedule line as CX (No inventory mgmt), where have set the config as:

Order type:      NB

Item Cat:          0

Acc Assgt:       X

Pur Req:         Check mark.

And it does create, purchase requisition, also no impact in inventory at delivery document. Thanks a ton.

Regards,

Vijay N

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have one doubt on your query.What is that,

1. How the Customer gives Order to Company Code A?

2. If your Company Code A doesn't have Stock by that What type of documents You have Provided to Comapny Code B? to fulfill your Customer Order ?

Thanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is only one company deals with 2 kind of Operations. International market and Local Market.

So they have requested for 2 Company codes for FI reporting and other stuffs.

Company code A (International Market) - its a trading company procure materials from Company code B and sells it to International market customers.

Company code B (Local Market) - Manufacturing company, sell products to local market.

So whenever company code A gets an order from International customer, they ask Company code B to deliver materials to the International customer. Company code B bills Company code A, and Company code A bills Customer.

Initially, Sales Order would be created in Company code A, and when saving, Purchase requisition will automatically be created which in turn converted to PO (Vendor is Company code B).

And when saving the PO, Sales order will be automatically created at company code B. Here Sold to Party is Company code A but Ship to party is original customer. Shipping to Customer takes place and billing against Company code A.

Once the goods has been delivered, Sales order of Company code A will be processed and delivered without PGI and bills the original Customer.

Regards,

Vijay N

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am heartly saying thanks for you to reply my queries.If you don't mind ,I have a small Query on above thread.what is that,

Have you maintained any settings to generate automatic creation of Sales Order with PO ?(Can you

Provide Step by Step T.Codes Only).

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through Work around, we have achieved automatic creation of Sales order when saving the PO.

Message output type is created for this purpose and defined it as "Special function" and assigned it in the PO, through which system triggers BAPI and validations parameters have been maintained. And once everything else is satisfied, Sales order would be automatically created and saved.

And one can trace the SO number in the Processing log of the Message output type in the PO.

Regards,

Vijay N

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vijay

Y dont you try the intercompany billing procees for your scenario,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theorically, no PGI, but in system you still need to perform PGI in company A.

You treat Company A is doing direct shipment. You have shipping point or storage location = Direct shipment. Base on this, once company B delivery and PGI, you have LA created in Company A's PO. When LA is created, set-up automatic GR and Automatic OB and automatic PGI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alan for your reply.

Sorry to ask you, can you please elaborate a bit more, maybe with the screens..

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vijay N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will you use tax or taw item category or existing item category?