Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task time,

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I am having a small business scenario, please show me the path...

One of the project manager wants to monitor the work done by the employ on a particular task. Per days its 8 hrs. if he completes the task in 8hrs, he should enter 8hrs with that particular task description. If he completes the task in 6hrs then he should move to second task and enter 6hrs for task 1 and 2hrs for task 2...

Like that the project manager has to monitor for a week for all the employes.

One possibility as below:

Creating Activity for each task and assigning work center to the activity and we can give final confirmation to the task...

Can anyone let me know any other possibilities to monitor the work done by the employes?

Thank you in advance,

regards,

Seshagiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

Each Task on which employee is going to work can be created in the form of different internal activity.

So, if diferent employees are going to work on this task, those employees can be assigned in Person Assignment tab of internal activity. Then employee can report time on this specific activity in CATS say for 8 hours daily if he has worked on it. If it is 6 + 2 hours, then employee can enter time of 6 hours for one activity and 2 hours on another activity.

Project Manager can monitor these tasks in CAPS, CATS_APPR_LITE when time comes for Approval.

One can also use CADO,CATS_DA report to see how much time has been reported by specific employee.

In addition, there is report CN50N which can be used to view how much is the work done by specific employee against specific activity.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Appreciate your repsonse to Seshagiri's query. However, it would be in Seshagiri's interest and in the interest of the forum rules, to search and find the apt solution.

Moreover, its our responsibility to maintain quality instead of quantity, in this forum. I am doing my bit and it would be great if you could also assist by directing people to search the forum or  read SAP Help for such basic queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Agree with you. I have not seen your post when I was replying to Seshagiri's querry....

Morever I do not agree that I am not maintaining Quality instead of Quantity. I have just given few hints to Seshagiris querry which does not mean I am restricting him from searching the forums...

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I guess you misunderstood me. I never meant that you do not maintain quality. Each one of us, including you, maintain quality without which it would not be possible to respond to queries in an effective way.

All that i wanted to convey through my post was, let people search the forum or read SAP help for such basic queries. We, as experienced people should assist in taking this forum a notch higher.

Hope you agree with me.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Apperciate your thoughts and completely agree that people should search the forums and do not post basic querries.

Regards

Tushar

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Tushar for providing a valuable information for my query which help me to proceed further in above said business scenario.

I am in dynamo whether to use work center for activity or to use cats time sheet to capture the work hours for the given task/activity, Hence I raised a query in order to clarify. And you provided the best solution which can be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Seshagiri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

Just giving you a headstart.

Create activities for different tasks. Assign employees to the respective tasks and ask them to fill timesheets for the same. The project manager can then monitor these tasks when the timesheet comes for approval to him.

To understand how this entire process works please refer SAP Help or search the forum. You will get heaps of threads that would definitely guide you on how to achieve this.

Best Regards,

Gokul