cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with deleted messages in SMq2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am facing a problem / query on message deletion in SMq2. Some messages were deleted in SMQ2 instead of cancelling them in  sxmb_moni.

Basis team has asked me for explanation on the same .

Issue is , the message ids provided by basis team actually show me successful messages with chequered flag in sxb_moni.

How is it possible that they are successful in moni and basis is saying they are deleted messages.

Basis aslo said : quote 

This happens if a user deletes queue entries manually using transaction SMQ2 instead of canceling messages using transaction SXMB_MONI,  Messages without queue entries are not processed further. They cannot be restarted, deleted, or archived, and remain in this status.

This messages are missing qRFC entries.

Now my question to you all is , is the basis team providing the correct information about the messages, and if so , how do I identify the same from the successful messages in moni.And going ahead , is there any way I can monitor the same wether any message has been deleted from SMq2/SMq1 on my own ?

Regards,

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>is there any way I can monitor the same wether any message has been deleted from SMq2/SMq1 on my own ?

the main thing is that you can never delete messages from the queues

you should always move them to SMQ3 (this way they will not block the queue and will be traceable later on)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can save the perticular LUV from SMQ1 or SMQ2 so that it will be moved to SMQ3 and you can trace the messages this way.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis guys may be right, when any one delete from queue directly it will create some inconsistency , but if you have logging and tracing, you can see the thing in message monitor.

queue deletion is not being stored anywhere seprately.