cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element Linking doesn't seem to work on iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am trying to achieve Element Linking on the iPad with MoBI 4.2.5. I have created a simple WebI report on eFashion universe with one dimension and 2 measures. I have created a column chart with one dimension and one measure, and created a table with a dimension and 2 measures. The I have linked my chart with the table. Everything seems working in WebI rich client i.e; when I click on a bar on the chart, the table changes accordingly. I have assigned this report to Mobile category and saved it. I accessed it through the iPad which has SAP BI 4.2.5 app on it. I can see the chart and table. But when I click on the chart and select the filter that appears, I am getting an error instead of the table getting changed. The error says"An internal server error occured while processing the client request. (MOB00082)". I have observer this using two different BO systems and on two different iPads having different versions of SAP BI app (4.2.5 and 4.3.3). I have observed the same error when I do the same on a WebI report built on top of a BEx query.

Environment : BI 4.0 SP 2

SAP BI app: 4.2.5

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

BI 4.0 SP2 Patch 9-17 does not support Element Linking.

Please check the Feature Compatability Matrix Mobile 4.2 v3-3.pdf for information based on your patch level.

All the best!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I searched for the guide on SAP Help but didn't see it. I appreciate if you can send me a link to that guide.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sunil,

If you are internal you will be able to access the document from the following, open the document titled Feature Compatibility Matrix Mobile 4.2.0:

https://portal.wdf.sap.corp/irj/go/km/navigation/GCP_Content/GCP_Documents/Functional%20Groups/NetWe...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am not internal to SAP. I was unable to open the webpage. Is there a way that we can attach the document here?

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the doc that outlines what BI platform features are supported in the iPad app here:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31SP4/en/43_mobiOS_featcomp_en.pdf

Page 18 shows that element linking won't work in SP2 (in the row called "Support for drill, Input controls and element linking in charts")