cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time buckets based on fiscal year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am struggling to view data in dataview per fiscal period. I have tried creating fiscal year variant and assigned to time bucket profile but I still cant. Not sure what am I missing. Seems something very basic that is cost me a lot of time.

Could you share the steps needed to view the data in planning table by a period like Oct to September. 12 buckets = 1 period.

Thanks

Guru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Have you assigned the fiscal year variant (FYV) to your storage bucket profile in transaction /sapapo/tr32? Please refer to the below screenshot. And then you should assign the same FYV in the time bucket profile used in your dataview.

Maybe you can share your settings for us to trouble shoot ...

1)FYV definition

2)Storage bucket profile definition

3)Time bucket profile definition

4)Data view setting

Best Regards,

Ada

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

you mean to say you would like to have look at oct2012 to sept 2013 as one period right

if this wht you are tryin to do then

create a fiscal year variant as posting period as 1

then keep one entry for september month and period 1 and year shift -1

and make one more entry in the table of fiscal year variant for 31 dec and make year shift 0

now create a planning bucket profile

number of posting years you want to see... and select P as the display period  and provide previously created fiscal year variant

use this created planning bucket profile in you plannng book

Thats it ...

Regards

Manas Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ada and Manish,

Let me try this out. On vacation now.

Manas: I want to do what you summarized

Cant seem to award full points to both

Thanks

Guru

Here is how to do this... for everyone’s benefit.

How to view data in fiscal year buckets in data view (e.g. October to September). i.e. ONE BUCKET = ONE FISCAL YEAR

Step1: APO > IMG > Supply Chain Planning > Demand Planning > Basic Settings > Maintain fiscal year variant

a) Make an entry > Enter number of posting periods = 1 and Number of special periods = 0, Do not check Year Dependent and Calendar year check boxes if you dont intend the same.

b) Define the periods for fiscal year variant: same path >  next level: Periods. Make these entries

Month = 9, Day = 30 , Period = 1, Year Shift = -1

Month = 12, Day = 31, Period = 1, Year Shift = 0

Dont ask me why such cryptic non-intuitive entries are needed.

Step2: Define a storage bucket profile and check posting period and enter the value of the fiscal year variant right of it. Assign this SBP to the planning area. If you have already created a planning area with another SBP, then you have done a crime. You need to DE initialize the planning area, assign the new SBP with fiscal year variant and create time series again.

Step3: Create Time Bucket Profile

Example: you want to view x fiscal periods in the past and y fiscal periods in the future in your data view.

For past:

Enter number of period = x

Do not enter any basic periodicity

Do not enter anything in FYV2

Enter "P" in display periodicity

Enter the "name of fiscal year variant you used in SBP" in FYV1

You will see an automatic second row with

Basic Periodicity = P and FYV2 = "name of fiscal year variant you used in SBP"

For future: Same steps as above

Step4: Now assign these time bucket profiles to your data view in which you want to view data BY FISCAL YEAR BUCKETS. One bucket = one fiscal year.

To be sure that bucket does actually correspond to the fiscal year. check the period labeling = z in data view definition. This field is the same place where you assign time bucket profiles

Here some important points.

- Fiscal year buckets must be defined at the start of project as it needs to be assigned to storage bucket profile basis which planning area is initialized.

- The settings for fiscal year variant are pretty cryptic. So just follow the pattern as mentioned above. You wont want to spend  half a day figuring out things as basic as this. I still cant figure out why I had to enter December as an entry above in Step1 b) when I dont bother about december.

Thanks

Guru