cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Profile Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If the Business wants to change the way how they perform Budgeting, How wise it will be to create a New Budget Profile and include the same to ongoing projects. I assume there will be many complecations?

Thanks,

Dileepa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileepa,

My suggestion would be to create a new budget profile and assign it to your ( new/old ) project profile .Doing direct changes in existing business of project is not recommended until and unless you are sure of its all possible impacts.As you would be doing some new changes in budget profile like tolerance limit settings,overall/annual budget setting etc. As, you are also unsure of its negative impacts hence one should not check the poison just to check whether the bottle is correctly labeled.

Rest, all the possible ways of changing in the budget profile are mentioned already by Tushar in his post above.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

How will the change of Budgeting Availability Currency and change of Avalability Control from Overall to Annual in Budget Profile will impact the ongoing project?

Thanks,

Dileepa. 

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing impact whenever you change budget profile in ongoing project. such it will control business transaction as you set parameter in OPS9 as availability control and currency budget overall & release as well.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To narrow down my question.

I want to change the Avialability control Currncy from CO Area to Object Currency in ongoing projects. Just want to understand will there are any concerns and steps to perform the same.

I do understand the object currency within a project should not differ in order to have the Availability Control in Object Currency.

Further, step wise I beileve folowing is necessary:

CJBW - Deactivate the Avac

OPS9 - Change the Config from CO Area Currency to Obj Cuurency

CJBV - Reactivate the Availability Control.

Please be good enough to advice.

Thanks,

Dileepa. 

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileepa,

The object currency is nothing but the company code currency. Hence when you enter the company code, the currency gets defaulted to its fields. This is taken from the currency maintained at the company code.

So, i guess changing the company code and desired currency should fetch the currency automatically in project.Hope you are clear here.

I want to change the Avialability control Currncy from CO Area to Object Currency in ongoing projects. Just want to understand will there are any concerns and steps to perform the same.

If you are concerned about changing in production then I would suggest you to not change this because a lot of documents have been already posted with earlier currency and changing this may cause a lot of problems in future.

However, you can change the currency for reporting purposes and there are a lot of ways of achieving it.

NOTE: Before doing any changes in the live system please check its impact thoroughly in testing client and once you are very sure on all counts then you may transport the changes to production.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileepa,

Please refer following thread where similar issue has been disucssed.

http://scn.sap.com/message/10235393

In addition, you can also refer following threads.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-ps/changing-a-budget-profile-in-a-proje...

http://scn.sap.com/message/6623127

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileepa,

You have to do following steps:

> deactivate AVAC using CJBW

>Reset the budget status (BUDG) of Project using OPSX

>do the required changes to budget profile

>Activate the AVAC using CJBV

>Execute CJEN for reconstruct project info database

Do this after discuss with business people otherwise I recommend you to create new one.

Regards

Shishir

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar,

I appreciate your participation, but avoid posting only links as a reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

I think you have said same thing in another post which I have understood well..

Above reply given by me is well before your suggestion.....

I said I will take care in future....It would be great if same is followed by other forum members also...