Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW On Hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know

• where can i check my BW system is runnin on HANA
  • We are having new(Not migration) BW 7.3 system, planning to transport some of DSOs from BW 7.0 (Different system) BW 7.3 running on HANA and convert them to in memory DSOs, is this correct do i ahve to do any other steps to convert them to In memory objects.
  • Do we have any validation program to check the consitency between B/W & HANA to make sure they are crfeated correct.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

To convert your earlier DSO to HANA Optimized DSO - -- you can either go to setting tab of DSO & convert it into In-Memory DSO manually. To automatically convert all your earlier dso to hana optimized dso ... sap has provided one standard function to convert

RSDRI_CONVERT_CUBE_TO_INMEMORY

RSDRI_CONVERT_DSO_TO_INMEMORY

Above functions will change all those DSO to new ones...

Some pre check & pre-requisite that you should keep in mid will be this:-

• Pre check

BWA Cube, analytic indexes

List of cubes in Aggregates / BWA

List of Info providers with 3.x further update flow

• Post Migrate Activities

Migrate data flow

Migrate DSO and Cube

Process chain alignment

HANA Modeling / BW consumption

while creating new dso , if it is running on BW HANA , it will create dso with indicator in Setting tab of DSO as HANA Optimized DSO.

Hope this Helps:-----

Thnkss

Kulwinder

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijaya:

You can confirm the HANA DB for BW in the system -> status like mentioned above or you can look at the logon pad screen - it should have a log stating powered by HANA.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

On your BW on HANA system, if you go to System -> Staus, under host data it should tell what your database system is and it's release etc.

Yes you just have to convert the objects to make it in-memory optimized. I suggest you check SAP Notes to see if there are things to keep in mind or pre-requisities to follow before transporting from a BW on relational DB to BW on HANA environment.

I am sure as part of the migration process there are validation checks for both BW and HANA. Post migration, anything that used to exist previously should now technically work for validating the underlying HANA as well. Have a look through https://cookbook.experiencesaphana.com/ and BW on HANA FAQs here http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/solutions/net-weaver-bw/bwonhanafaq

Thanks,

Anooj