cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI SAML2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anyone know if is possible to use SAML2 with SAP GUI (version 7.30) for enabling Single Sign On? The most common scenario is to use Kerberos, but I would like to understand if we could use SAML2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have investigated the Kerberos option but our SAP ECC App Server is running on Linux. From what I could understand is not possible to configure Kerberos in such a scenario, right? We should be running Windows on the SAP ECC App Server.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ricardo

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

You shoud raise a message in the component BC-SEC-LGN-SML

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo-

Kerberos/SAP AS ABAP on UNIX is possible.. Its possible via Secure Login Library which is one of the component SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On product from SAP. For your specific need you don't need the complete product, only Secure Login Client is required. And, I think it's free, but you should check with your SAP rep. Please refer to this link for more information.. -Vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo:

AS ABAP provides following possible ways for SSO when logging on from the SAPGUI directly:

=========================================================

For more information about configuring the AS ABAP authentication mechanisms for SSO when logging on from the SAP GUI, see the following topics:

More @ http://bit.ly/Rh31ph

However, if you have SAP portal in your landscape, then its possible to use SAML2 and launch SAPGUI with SSO to backend systems.