cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronizing two Solutions Manager with One SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, we have this issue: I am having one Central SLD  in PI and one productive Solution Manager (new one) that is pointing to that SLD, for incidents we are managing another ¨productive¨Solution Manager (old one) . There is a new system that I need it in my SMSY in my old Solution Manager and the best way to do it would be to point that old Solman to the same SLD that the new one is pointing. my question is: I only have to set the SLD in the old solution manager in the RZ70 and add that Solution Manager in the Central SLD?, so I would end with two solution manager pointing the same Central SLD, it doesnt mess with my new productive Solution Manager SMSY?, I want to be sure that some trash data in the old Solution Manager wont be present in the new Solman that is pointing the Central SLD right now.

Best Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution Manager would only take the data from SLD. It would not send back anything to the SLD. So you can be sure that the old SolMan system would not corrupt the data in the Central SLD.

As long as the data stays consistent in the Central SLD, both the Solution Manager systems would keep on receiving the updated system information and SMSY would also stay updated accordingly.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Paul,

There are few things to understand:

1. RZ70 is used to feed SLD with system information.

2. landscape fetch job need to be scheduled within Solution manager system to update SMSY with the latest information available in SLD which you have configured during SOLMAN_SETUP.

Here with your description it is clear that you have central SLD at your PI system and your both Solution manager system ( New and Old) are connected to the central SLD.

Here what I understand if you want to add a new system say X in SMSY of your old solution manager.

In order to do so you need to configure your new system to the central SLD using RZ70. Once you did this, system details of your new system would be available with central SLD.

Now in next step to make that system available to your old solution manager, you need to rerun the smsy_setup job. This will referesh your SMSY and new system would be available in SMSY of your OLD solution manager.

In this case there is a catch. Since you have added the system to the central SLD, the new system X would also appears in the SMSY of your new Solution Manager as well once SMSY of new solman gets refreshed.

So if you just want to add this new system X to SMSY of your old solution manager only and not to the new one, you can add this system to the local SLD of old solution manager only not to the central SLD.

Also you need not to worry about the trash data available in your Old solution manager. It would not effect the central SLD if your local SLD of old solution manager is not synch with central SLD.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Are you using local SLD on your both solution manageri.e. old and new solution manager?

You can point your old solution manager to central SLD. It will effect your new solution manager data only in following case:

If old solution manager transfer data to central SLD and Central SLD will transfer data to new

solution manager.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin