cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Container not working across multiple interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in Glbal Data Container. I will explain you the scenario where I am using the Global Data Container.

I have a scenario where I need to login to a webservice and get the session id and store that locally in PI. Each time when I call to the webservice I need check the whether this session is valid or not. If the session is true then I need to use the same session id from the buffer. To achieve this I created a java archive which declare the Global data container. I imported the the java .jar file to the ESR. laer used that to store this session ID and retrieve the session ID. but this is working only for one interface. I need to use this session id in multiple interfaces which connect to the various webservices which are using the same user id and password.

Please help to solve the issue..

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

across many mappings you can always use dynamic configuration parameter (custom values, custom namespace) - but it will be visible in the monitoring...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.. could you please explain how do I achieve the same using dynamic configuration parameter.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see your requirement. Are you looking for muliple mappings? or multiple seperate interfaces?  If you look for mulitple interfaces then global container is not the right candidate. You might have to store it in a table using java Udf or some file in the mapping.  Then you can retrieve those session details for the other interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Could you please explain more how do I store this session ID using UDF in PI. Or can I use RFC lookup for storing this session ID in PI server.

Please explain in Detail..

thanks in advance...

Kevin

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Could you please explain more how do I store this session ID using UDF in PI.

You can use UDF to store the session in database table or writing it in file. YOu can use them for the later purpose.