cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to re-deploy the .sca files from AS JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I installed IDM 7.2 SP5 with Netweaver AS JAVA 7.3. The Netweaver AS JAVA 7.3 has already an .sca files from previous IDM installation.

My question is, how can I un-deploy the old .sca files and re-deploy the a new .sca files. Can I use the old .sca files from the previous installation?

When I started the IDM console I got a login box asking for user name and password. I don't remember which one do I have to use here.

Then on the screen of the IDM console, database available says : error, data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Would appreciate your help and points

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

davefitzgibbon
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With NW 7.3 and JSPM, there is no option to undeploy. As mentioned above this was possile with SDM but the functionality is not available via JSPM. However it is possible to undeploy via Telnet.

Just log on to the server via Telnet (In 7.3 this can only be accessed via LOCALHOST)

type in "man" and you will see all of the commands from the deploy group. The one you need is "undeploy", if you need more information on it  type in "man" and you will see all of the commands from the deploy group. The one you need is "undeploy", if you need more information on it just run it with the "-help" option and you will see how it's used.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David thanks for the quick reply. We are using windows and we tried to use telnet localhost and we are able to login but as soon as we type 'man' it comes back with a message, man is not a recognized as an internal or external command operable or batch file command.

I assume this is for linux. What do we need to do for windows?

davefitzgibbon
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

Sorry, You have to add the commands first.

Again, Login to telnet and then you can  enable the DEPLOY commands group with ADD DEPLOY

Have a look at the following Wiki that gives you all the information for the telnet commands

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28JSTSG%29%28Telnet%29DeployController+Commands

Hope this helps

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David thanks. We are able now to login to telnet using sap mmc and executed the command "undeploy"

We were able to undeploy the components we wanted as well. The thing was, we would like to use the .sca files from the SP5 (7.20.05 release) but when we deploy it, it came back with a message that deployment was not successful. So we had  to re-deploy the one we had which was the latest one 7.21.05.

After redeploying the .sca files, when we opened the IDM Console a message will pop-up

Error:

Adding EMC DB node to the list failed

Error: 2527h

There is already an item in the collection that has the specified key

Do you know what is this?

Thanks for the help again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please redeploy the file using force mode of JSPM. You can start the JSPM in force mode using following command

go "-config=/jspm/forceMode=true""-config=/jspm/deployVersionRule=updateAll"

And try to deploy the component again.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin thanks for this. I did the command you gave me and when I selected "new software components" and click on "Next" it then say that it no update found click go back. So I went back and unde-ploy the components again using telnet undeploy and all these components were undeployed

tc~idm~wd~model, tc~idm~uwl, tc~idm~wd~workflow, tc~idm~wd~model, tc~idm~jmx~rest~app, tc~idm~jmx~rest~ump

Then I re-deploy using the command you gave and the deployment went successful. The thing is, when I went back to the nwa and wanted to configure the tc~idm~jmx~rest~app with the keys and the values to be inputted, it seems like that the old keys were still there and looks like that it didn't really update the components.

I restarted the JDBC driver and started all the components involved in the Java System Properties and opened the IDM Console I still got the same message.

any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use remove_app command to remove the application.

Kindly try the following:
- open a telnet session to the engine
    telnet localhost 50008

- add deploy
-remove_app

For more information about the two commands please type :

man remove_app

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin Thanks for the reply. I tried this and I'm still getting the same message back

Quick question, I had IDM 7.2 with no patches installed before,  this one I could install without any problem.

I just would like to clarify if we have IDM 7.2 SP05, can we just simply install the files from SP05 from scratch? Like uninstalling the IDM 7.2 (no patches) and install directly the SP05? Or do we need to apply this as a service pack to the original file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

You have to install IDM 7.2 and after that apply the support pack 05 on it. SAP has introduced SR1, SR2 DVD for installation through which you can install IDM with a specefic support pack but i think with IDM this is not  the case and after installation you have to apply the SP5 using JSPM.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this information. I'm looking for the document on how to do this, would appreciate if you could recommend one.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin

Please find detailed description of IDM installation in the installation
guides:

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202
&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000706149

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin thanks for the document. Will take a look at this. I ended up installing the IDM 7.2 (no patch) and now I don't get that error message.

When I re-deployed, it says again that no update found and all the components were installed. I just started it and copied the new Keys.ini file from the new installation I did.

I also started the JDBC which works fine, one more problem is,  when I logged into the http://myurl:50000/idm it says Access Denied.

Any idea why is this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin can you please tell me where to find the document how to patch an existing IDM 7.2 installation, will install the SP5. I can't seem find the documentation on how to do these. All I found is updating / migrating from 7.1 to 7.2, but when it comes to patches, there are no documentation. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

Please refer following section of the note:Note 1689223 - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.2 SP5.

The support package is available for download on the Service Marketplace at the following location:

Support Packages and Patches

Support Packages and Patches

Browse our Download Catalog

SAP NetWeaver and complementary products

SAP NW IDENTITY MANAGEMENT

SAP NW IDENTITY MANAGEMENT 7.2

All listed components are updated with this service pack.

All components must be upgraded according to the following documentation:

The section "Upgrading an Identity Center" in the document SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center: Installation overview.

The section "Upgrading the Virtual Directory Server" in the document SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Virtual Directory Server: Installation and initial configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin thanks for the documentation

I am having difficulty now with removing roles & users which I've added yesterday in the UI. I removed them from the database directly. When I checked in the Roles in the User Interface, they don't exist but they are still in the IDM Console.

I am wondering I might not be able to delete them all in the database. How can I delete the MSKEY or aValue without leaving any old entries in the other tables?

Thanks

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe someone alreade referenced a specific SAP note, however there's always a README and Installation PDFs in the installation archives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an old thread, but just to add some information:

Using telnet, you can just deploy the new version over the old version.

After logging in as administrator, you can run the command:

deploy <path to sca file>

of if you want to force the deployment, if you need to install same version or older you can use:

deploy <path to sca file> version_rule=none on_prerequisite_error=stop

Disclainmer:
telnet is not the recommended way of doing this, but for test purposes it works fine.
SUM is the preferred way to do it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member236498
Discoverer
0 Kudos

to reploy use the comand

deploy <path to sca file ><version_role=same_lower><on_prerequisite_error=stop>

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use force redeployment , using JSPM for that you will have to set followin parameters in the jspm_config.txt :

/jspm/deployVersionRule=updateSameAndLower

/jspm/deployVersionRule=updateAll

/jspm/forceMode=true

you can find this file under param folder.

Thanks.Dev

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt thanks for  the link. I've got this one already. But in this document I can't find how to undeploy the old .sca files. Can you please tell me how?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be a link referenced in the document that tells you what to do.

I've not done it under JSPM.  I've done it under SDM and there's an option to uninstall a package.  Maybe you can check with your BASIS team?

Matt