cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duet 2.0 SAP Unicode Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not clear if Duet Enterprise requires Unicode on SAP. We have an SAP ECC Backend that is ECC 6.0 but it is non-Unicode.

The PAM jpeg (Attached) on Duet 1.5 states that the non-unicde version was not verified by SAP.

I am unable to view PAM 2.0 on my browser

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/support/pam/pam.html

Thanks.

Regards,

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member213248
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello James,

are you still not able to view PAM 2.0?

Can you tell me which browser you are using?

Thanks and best regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

at customer we connect from SAP Gateway system to a non-Unicode ECC system. We have no issues, all data including special characters come over to SharePoint via the GW mapped datafields as originate in ECC.

Regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I think we only tested Duet Enterprise against Unicode systems.

But I don't see why this should be a hard requirement. You have to install Duet Enterprise on a NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP System. From there you can connect to another backend system -- in your case your ECC 6.0 non-Unicode system.

If you look at the non Out-of-the-box/ready-ot-use scenarios I don't see any issue. The communication from the NetWeaver 7.02 system to your ECC system is via RFCs and you can decide which and what information you retrieve.

If you need an offical answer also for the ready to use scenarios then I would ask you to create a ticket so that we can follow up in official channels.

Regards,

Holger.