cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to make the ' Block function ' field  in quality info record ( QI01 )  to be mandatory for specific plants only . Remaining plants will have this field optional . How can we do this  ?

Any standard customizing step available or any technical workaround  ?

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP BIRD,

As mentioned by Sumit, you can do this by creating transaction variant for QI01 using tcode-SHD0.

Refer below doc for your info to create transaction variant.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40d1443e-0184-2c10-c68d-c612f771f...

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit . I am able to restrict the changes for users . But how do i restrict it for the plants in the transaction variant .

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might need to create the transaction variant for every plant.

In the initial screen, enter the plant code, and make it as non-editable. Then in the detailed screen, make the block reason as mandatory(depending on the plant code). Create the transaction variant in this fashion for every plant.

Assign this transaction variant to the user instead of standard QI01.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sumit for you advice and Suggestions . Will check whether this solution is acceptable as it involves plants in hundreds .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try creating transaction variant (SHD0) where in you can have the field mandatory for certain plants.

Regards,