SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation and device location change to new premise.

chaiphon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any easy way to change premise of installation that has a meter installed? Instead of Removing and re-installing a meter.

We can use transaction code ES66 to change premise on device location. However, when we use transaction ES31 to change premise of installation, the field is grayed-out. So we cannot change premise.

Note: ES64 won't help in this case.

Thanks,

Chaiphon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chaiphon:

no - this is not possible.  In order to address the issue, you would need to process a move out and move in to the new premise.  Having said that, I believe that a solution to this or a similar issue will be developed soon, based on information from the Customer Connection.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's actually other way round, you can chnage the Installation on a premise.

The premise is the bigger term, for which an single or multi installations can be assigned.

You need to remove and re-install the meter and can accomplish the change you want.

Not sure about your exact requirement but may be you can disconnect this Installation, create a new one and assign it with the premise you want.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards

Sachin

former_member266656
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing premise from installation is considered like move out of customer. You need to remove and re-install the meter in order to change premise in installation.

Regards

Girish Bahguuna

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chaiphon:

no - this is not possible.  In order to address the issue, you would need to process a move out and move in to the new premise.  Having said that, I believe that a solution to this or a similar issue will be developed soon, based on information from the Customer Connection.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hey William,

I have used ES64 in the past to change the connection object and at times the device location data for a premise. I also noticed that there is functionality to change the device location for the device. However, everytime I attempt to use that part of the functionality I get an error message regarding table EQUZ in relation to the logical device number. Also, after I get the message, the device system status is changed from INST to AVLB even though it has not been removed. Any thoughts on how to get this functionality to work correctly?

Warm regards,

Michele

0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

It is working properly in my system. I think you need to check wether a logical device no. is assigned during full installation(EG31) of the device. For this go to IQ03 and device changes push button there you will find old value and new value of logical device no. Pls also check wether logical device no. is maintain in table EGERH.

hope this helps

Regards

Girish Bahuguna